Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Idea for my GTM interior ! CHECK OUT THE PIC

Post Thanks / Like

My Idea for my GTM interior ! CHECK OUT THE PIC

hey ive been debating on what my GTM interior should look like and im new to the whole photoshop thing but i took a swing at it heres whAT I CAME UP WITH

IT HAS A CADI RADIO LAMBO WHEEL , SPYKER INSPIRED INTERIOR AND LEXUS GS450 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER :-)
    from that to that
    IMG_0144.jpg gtm interior.jpg

OHHH YEAA ITS A GTM ! it gives the interior that factory look doesnt even look like a kit car :-) ferrari killer !
    Last edited by NYCarStars; 09-13-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than the red, I like it. and I think you're pretty good with photoshop as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    for a 1st time on photoshop not that bad a few youtube tutorials did the trick. as of the interior being red i think u cant get any sexier black on red ohhhhhh BoY ferrari killer ! lmaoooo i did 2 cobras that are in the roadster forum sick cobras
    Last edited by NYCarStars; 09-14-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks awesome! and great job with the photoshop also, I have never really liked red as an interior color but I would love to have a gtm with an interior like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    dang 150 views no responses ? lol dang is it that bad lol
    Last edited by Jeff Collins; 09-14-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: language

Post Thanks / Like
    There were a couple of responses??? Honestly, I can't imagine going through the pain of putting that radio, instrument cluster or steering wheel into my GTM. Photo-chopped is one thing, making it fit and work in the real world is another.

Post Thanks / Like
    well maybe not a lambo wheel the new charger wheels are hot and the speedometer most of them will fit from most cars just a matter of cutting out the out line and sticking in as for the radio thats all plug n play is how it comes maybe a little fiberglass work all depends on what u use. its just a thought on what mine is going to look like . something a little more updated than that kit car interior look i didnt modify nothing in the renderiing as in dash or anything just the radio and gauges which like i said before depending on what u use maybe will fit maybe a little fiberglass work nothing major

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCarStars View Post
    well maybe not a lambo wheel the new charger wheels are hot and the speedometer most of them will fit from most cars just a matter of cutting out the out line and sticking in as for the radio thats all plug n play is how it comes maybe a little fiberglass work all depends on what u use. its just a thought on what mine is going to look like . something a little more updated than that kit car interior look i didnt modify nothing in the renderiing as in dash or anything just the radio and gauges which like i said before depending on what u use maybe will fit maybe a little fiberglass work nothing major
    It will be MAJOR. It will take a complete custom fabrication of the console and IP dash. Primarily because of the scale. The items in your rendering are larger than the areas you've placed them on. I'm not home to measure, but I think the width of the gauge pad is about 13" and the console is just over 9" just below the vents.

It could be done. Just don't expect it to be "a little fiberglass work".
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vidal. The opening in the dash pad is 15" and the corvette ip is 19" wide i think I am going to need to lower the steering column and modify the dash pad or the ip to make it fit. how are you making yours fit? thanks mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespms View Post
    Hi Vidal. The opening in the dash pad is 15" and the corvette ip is 19" wide i think I am going to need to lower the steering column and modify the dash pad or the ip to make it fit. how are you making yours fit? thanks mike
    Mike,
    I've chosen to disasemble and modify the IP. I will also be fabricating a custom pod that fits in the current dash.

Steve(SK7500) had the column lowered and is fabricating a new dash and console around the complete IP. There's a thread on the other forum.

Any route is going to require some major fabrication. It would be cool if FFR had an interior option for the donor IP.
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .