Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ordered Gen II GTM, Estimated delivery to be Apr. 30th

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered Gen II GTM, Estimated delivery to be Apr. 30th

I have been around for a year or so, but took the plunge and ordered my GTM kit.
    One question I have is when I receive my kit will there be parts missing. I have read before that they FFR send out the kit with missing parts and will send later. Is that still happening? Not sure if I want to be hunting down missing parts all the time.

Besides that, I am completely pumped to start (contine) this adventure. Continuing as I have a new LS3 and went with some new and some donor parts. All sitting waiting for kit to arrive.
    Project is called Team Bouffard as this will be a family build. Grampa (Pa), myself (David) and my two kids Megan and Justin. My wife of course supports this as she even bought my personal licence plates TMBOUFRD. Build will be for street use with the odd track use.

I will be posting pics soon as I plan on cleaning some of the donor parts and preping garage for its new arrival.

I will definitly have questions and I know that there are a great bunch of builders here that will offer the answers I am searching for.

Patience, I hope I can find them.....

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. That's how FFR does it. Better for the builder in the long run...then you don't have to wait around with nothing to work on while backordered stuff is collected. At first this can seem like a negative, but for the majority of builders, they will be outpaced by the parts they have and the rate the backorders show up. Make sure you inventory everything right away...you are going to have a lot of parts. They will give you a list of all backordered items, so you don't have to hunt for missing parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up my GTM during MoochFest and there are a few items back ordered. I built a MKIII in 2004 same thing with back orders but it doesn't slow you down because there is always something to do.

Good luck with your build.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my gen II February 2. My list of back ordered parts are about half a page. Just half a page in a order involving hundreds if not a thousand items is not a bad percentage. I got an email this Friday 11th from FedEx with a tracking number 464244561962 for a package that has been sent from FFR. According to the list on the FedEx page most of the major components back ordered are in there. In other words I had to wait only a week and two days for the first parts to be shipped. That is A+++ for me any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Most definitely... There was and still are back ordered parts and yet to be engineered parts on my kit as well. The seats and interior stitched parts are not expected until the end of March. There was an update to the manual released late last year with Gen2 hatch instructions, but they have yet to ship any hardware. Also the hardware for the new diffuser mounting has not been released. If you build at an normal pace you may get the parts before you need them. My steering rack was on BO and was slightly harder to install as it arrived at the three month mark. Congrats on the plunge.

R/s
    Vidal
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    If thats the case and there are only a half page of parts missing, shouldn't be a big deal. I will not be dedicating all my time to the build as family will always come first as my kids are still pretty young. So as you guys have stated that as the build progresses the parts will more and likely arriving before I need them. Since my kit won't be shipped out till after Apr. 30th, some of the back ordered parts may already be instock to be included in the kit, like the seats.
    Thanks for the kind words.