Quote Originally Posted by Nuul View Post
Vidal,

Thanks for posting the info you do on your website. For guys like myself weighing if this is even a feasbile project it helps tremendously. I'm actually taking a page from your book and epoxying my garage this weekend. Hey, even if I don't do the build it still looks nice.

As for your donor car, how badly was it damaged in the wreck? The reason I ask is because my brother owns a body shop so I can probably locate a donor pretty easily through his network. The issue with something on a slavage title is that I don't really trust many of the parts outside the engine. I could be overthinking this though
You're welcome and I'm just paying it forward. I studied Spytech's website almost daily while I planned and waited for my kit. Nothing against any picture log, but Spytech's site broke new ground for not just showing pictures, but adding detailed instruction and build information. I still go there if I’m looking for a specific picture and information on the build.

Progress has been slower than I would like lately. A large portion of my Saturdays are consumed with my Son's Peewee football games.

Be sure to take the second step on the garage floor and get the clear topcoat. The base kit with the flakes is not durable and will chip easily. The clear top coat adds a lot of durability. I've dropped a tool from time to time and it holds up extremely well. The best part is it makes for easy clean up.

Maybe I was just extremely lucky with my donor. I won the Coparts auction for $4500. The location was in Miami so it was in my drive way the next day for only $102 open trailer. It ran perfectly. There was no MIL. Every System in the car worked. Even the head and fog lights. The tires are almost new (Michelin A/S Sport). I'll sell them to offset the new wheels I will purchase. The main reason I did not have a fear of the engine (though it ran perfectly) was that I already had my 2003 LS6 sitting in a crate in my garage.

I understand your concern on the unknown of how the engine has been treated on any used vehicle. What you will find is that the majority of the builders that use the donor engines have planned an overhaul and/or upgrade to both mitigate the risk and add performance.