Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Parts Parts

Post Thanks / Like

Parts Parts

Hi everyone

Just preparing the engine to go into the Car whilst in UK lockdown

Instruction show a T Piece on the oil pressure line on the block sender for gauge and i assume for the ECU sensor but another picture shows no T Piece just the gauge sender unit

I have a pressure gauge in my kit with the sender do i still need the T piece for the ecu sensor or is not used, surely there is low pressure light controlled via the ecu and the ecu needs to see pressure ..??

NO T PIECE.JPG no ECU sensor used or T Piece

T PIECE.JPG with the ecu sensor, gauge sender used and a T piece

and lastly

I've removed the vacuum bits from the rear of the engine CMCV, locked them in place in there open positions etc, but what do i do with the 4 senors, 2 that show what position the levers are
    SENSOR FOR VACUM.JPG

And also the 2 sensors that were on the vacuum pipes

DO i just remove them completely, i was thinking do i leave on the 2 sensors on the valve levers so the ecu can see what position they are in but again no sensors plugged in will generate a fault code etc

What everyone done with there sensors

Many Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    From your pictures, appears to be a Gen 2 Coyote and I'm assuming you're using the Ford Performance control pack PCM. If so, you do not need a T in the oil pressure sensor. Remove the stock sensor and replace with the gauge sensor. The stock sensor is not active in the crate motor PCM calibration for the Gen 2. Factory Five often uses stock pictures in their instructions and aren't always exact to the situation. Can create confusion as you found out.

I personally haven't removed the CMCV setup from my builds so can't cite personal experience. But the ones I've seen remove everything. The vacuum actuators, sensors, etc. You'll have to have the tune modified or you'll get DTC's. I don't believe leaving the sensors on and plugged in will matter. The PCM will command the actuators and without sensing the movement, will throw the trouble codes. This is what happens when guys don't hook up the vacuum properly, for example. Not just enough to be there. Have to actually work.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man. You don’t say if you have a mark 4 or a hot rod but:

For the hot rod for sure, you have to remove the cmcv’s. Sensors and all. Tuck the plugs under the intake. It’ll run just fine when you start it, but likely throw a code. Then, have your tuner turn Orr the cmcv stuff in the ecu and the code will go away.
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtfreak View Post
    Hey man. You don’t say if you have a mark 4 or a hot rod but:

For the hot rod for sure, you have to remove the cmcv’s. Sensors and all. Tuck the plugs under the intake. It’ll run just fine when you start it, but likely throw a code. Then, have your tuner turn Orr the cmcv stuff in the ecu and the code will go away.
    Hi

Didn't know the model of car would made a different but yep your right, different chassis so diffident Clearance

Yep ive a 33hotrod

How do i add my build details to the bottom of my posts, it wont allow me in the admin section

Ps many thanks on the advise guys

Post Thanks / Like
    In the mark 4 cobras, there is more room behind the motor. The cmcv system doesn’t have to be removed. In the hot rod, like yours, it does. That’s only reason model matters.

You gotta make yourself a signature! Click on settings at the top, then left hand side, use the edit signature spot. There you can put what you want but there is a limit to how many lines you can put, I think.
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.