Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 1965 Ford Mustang wiper switch

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 1965 Ford Mustang wiper switch

Good evening all!

In keeping with the 60's theme on my Roadster, I'm installing the headlight switch, ignition switch AND if possible, the wiper switch.

My questions? Has anyone done this with the FFR wiper motor kit and does it allow the wipers to park correctly when turned off or do I have to use the FFR wiper switch? I really like the look of mine but if I have to use the FFR one, I will.

Thanks for any advice.

Bruce
    Phoenixmsb

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know the park position is in the motor. When the juice to the motor is cut the motor stays running until it hits the park position where it stops the motor. So, the switch should work if it has the same speeds as the FFR switch.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try wiring your switch up on the bench first. If it parks then fine. I do not think the motor that comes from FFR has a park function , but I could be incorrect on that.
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the typical wiper switch wiring diagram, hope it helps. Most "parking" is controlled by the motor in my experience.

FWIW, a park "contact" can be fabricated from a small micro switch riding on the motor shaft or wiper arm.

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 04-25-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

5. Likes Jetfuel liked this post