Many tracks require a tow hook in order to participate in track days. As you all know the front of the GTM was not designed to allow for a tow hook. The rings on the lower front of the frame were covered by my AC condenser. I also wanted to a functioning tilt hood.
With those requirements, this is what I came up with. I braced the radiator supports to take the load of my anti roll bar as well as support the load of a tow hook. Then I added a bar across the lower front part of the frame using the factory five tow rings to serve as a pickup point for the lower tow bar link arms. I added left and right hand threads to the link arms so I can twist the arms to locate the hook in the center of the air inlet. I also plan to mount the factory five insignia in the tow hook mount when the hook is not installed. The ability to center the insignia in the grill will also be a nice feature. The tow hook needs to mount off center to allow for the hook to swing but the insignia would be dead center.
This setup is strong enough to support the full weight of the front of car lifted off the ground and then some. When I have some more time I will remake the tow hook mount and links from aluminum, but these serve as a good prototype. The rear hook is easy as it mounts on the frame.

One small step closer to getting the car out on the track...

below you can see the view from the front as well as the view from the side with the hood up.

John

front frame.jpgfront view.JPGhood up.jpglower mount.jpg