Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen 3 coyote - P061B

Post Thanks / Like

Gen 3 coyote - P061B

I read through Edwardb's post about the lund tune with the Gen 3.

I think I'm having the same problems. My engine seems to run fine until around 4000 rpms. Then it starts cutting out / sputtering and really wont let me get above around 4200 rpms, fast accel or slow accel. Although parked in the garage in neutral, I can rev it above that.

I hooked up a code reader, got P6061B code. Cleaned out the air filter, cleared the code and took it for a spin and the exact same thing happened.

I plan on ordering the lund tune today.
    Guess i'm asking if anyone has had this problem and did the lund tune clear it too? Is there anything else I should be looking at?
    MAF seems to be installed correctly.
    25th Anniversary Roadster #12 of 25
    Gen 3 Coyote
    TKO 600 mid-shift

Car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by delta0014 View Post
    I read through Edwardb's post about the lund tune with the Gen 3.

I think I'm having the same problems. My engine seems to run fine until around 4000 rpms. Then it starts cutting out / sputtering and really wont let me get above around 4200 rpms, fast accel or slow accel. Although parked in the garage in neutral, I can rev it above that.

I hooked up a code reader, got P6061B code. Cleaned out the air filter, cleared the code and took it for a spin and the exact same thing happened.

I plan on ordering the lund tune today.
    Guess i'm asking if anyone has had this problem and did the lund tune clear it too? Is there anything else I should be looking at?
    MAF seems to be installed correctly.
    There's nothing you're going to be able to do yourself to fix the P061B code - Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance DTC. Your experience is exactly like mine and every other Gen 3 Coyote build I've heard about and spoken with. The stock tune MAF calibration has to be adjusted to your cold air intake. And Lund will take care of that for you.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    There's nothing you're going to be able to do yourself to fix the P061B code - Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance DTC. Your experience is exactly like mine and every other Gen 3 Coyote build I've heard about and spoken with. The stock tune MAF calibration has to be adjusted to your cold air intake. And Lund will take care of that for you.
    Thanks,

Just nice to run it by the experts, make sure Im on the right path.
    Gen 3 Coyote
    TKO 600 mid-shift

Car

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not at home but Lund is asking for the CAI size.
    I believe it's 4 inch for the spectre? Or is it 3.5 inch for the Gen 3 that factory five gives.

I can measure it when I get home too.
    Gen 3 Coyote
    TKO 600 mid-shift

Car