...make some more mods.

The small ducted fan I added to help cool the engine compartment didn't really do a lot. I think the main reason is that blowing cool air in doesn't help if there is no place for it to exit. There is the large grill in the bumper, but the exhaust is to the right of that. So...

I need an exit for the hot air, right about here:

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 7.26.41 PM.jpg

The exhaust is very close to that area on the inside:

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.52.58 PM.jpg

Powder coated the grills and attached them. Looks good:

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 7.27.01 PM.jpg

I improved the fan situation as well. Found a better fan that pushes more air and is very quiet. I mounted it in the opposite corner so the air is directed partially to the intercooler and then to the exhaust area. Hooked it up the same as before so the switch on the steering column controls it.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 7.27.24 PM.jpg

The weather is a bit cooler now, and the car isn't running well enough for any long drive (if you are curious why: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ol-error-codes), so I can't tell how effective it is. But this should work better to keep the rear bodywork cooler. I like to open the rear hatch after a drive to let things cool off. But with it closed this should push the air around and out the rear grills. I could make some sort of duct to get the air from the roof scoop inlet more directly.

Rick