FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: '33 Rear Upper Control Arms Binding

Post Thanks / Like

'33 Rear Upper Control Arms Binding

I just got my kit about a month ago. I also ordered a Moser 8.8" rear end from FFR, which was delivered directly from Moser. I had read that the upper control arms were redesigned by FFR (and Moser was supposed to file down the ears where the control arms mount) to prevent binding. However, mine still bind. FFR stated my only option was to file down the ears on the rear end. Wondering if FFR or Moser dropped the ball on this one. Anyone else have this issue? Thank you!
    image (1).png

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmckain View Post
    I just got my kit about a month ago. I also ordered a Moser 8.8" rear end from FFR, which was delivered directly from Moser. I had read that the upper control arms were redesigned by FFR (and Moser was supposed to file down the ears where the control arms mount) to prevent binding. However, mine still bind. FFR stated my only option was to file down the ears on the rear end. Wondering if FFR or Moser dropped the ball on this one. Anyone else have this issue? Thank you!
    image (1).png
    odd...I got my kit about a month ago but just got my UCA for the 4-link Monday this week. Installed them on my moser 8.8" 4-link and there is no binding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 33fromSD View Post
    odd...I got my kit about a month ago but just got my UCA for the 4-link Monday this week. Installed them on my moser 8.8" 4-link and there is no binding.
    I take that back...just looked again....I wouldn't consider it "binding" cause it moves without issues but the are scrapping just the slightest causing the paint to chip off.

I will pull that apart and do a little clearance grinding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rear upper controls properly clearance ....no more rubbing

20201025_140133.jpg

20201025_154149.jpg
    Last edited by 33fromSD; 10-26-2020 at 06:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Mine is the same. Moves thru travel, but still hits. Guess I'll do a little grinding myself.