BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Filler ????

Post Thanks / Like

Filler ????

What Filler did you use when doing the body work on your Daytona? Just trying to figure out which brand to use. See a lot of pics with white filler after sanding.

Nelson

Post Thanks / Like
    I had good luck w/
    Evercoat 869 Kitty Hair Coating (molding in spoiler)
    Evercoat 112 Rage 3 Liter Gold Premium Lightweight Body Filler (blending and faring panels)
    Evercoat FEATHER FILL® G 2™ Premium Polyester Primer Surfacer (surface prep prior to base and clear application).
    Evercoat's technical support team was great to work with.
    Products were easy to work and gave me great results. The following pic were taken before final buffing and polishing.
    Ron
    DSC_3116.jpgDSC_3161.jpgDSC_2888.jpg
    Last edited by Ron J; 11-12-2020 at 06:28 PM.

3. Likes nskaats, James Morse, FF33rod liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Evercoat's Rage Gold is what most folks use on their Factory Five projects.

For structural issues like flaws in the mold parting line or bubbles in the gel coat, then Evercoat's Fibertech is a good supporting under-filler.

https://youtu.be/JwAErvc2tN4

I Used Both For My Project So I Hope This Helps!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8m...4orIm7w/videos
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 11-12-2020 at 06:54 AM.

5. Likes nskaats liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron J View Post
    I had good luck w/
    Evercoat 869 Kitty Hair Coating (molding in spoiler)
    Evercoat 112 Rage 3 Liter Gold Premium Lightweight Body Filler (blending and faring panels)
    Evercoat FEATHER FILL® G 2™ Premium Polyester Primer Surfacer (surface prep prior to base and clear application).
    Evercoat's technical support team was great to work with.
    Products were easy to work and gave me great results. The following pic were taken before final buffing and polishing.
    Ron
    DSC_3116.jpgDSC_3161.jpgDSC_2888.jpg
    Wow, your car looks great!!!!

Nelson

7. Likes James Morse liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have dimensions on the stripes? cheers scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure,
    Left to Right: 1/4" RED, 1/4" BLACK, 7-1/2" RED, 1" BLACK, 7-1/2" RED, 1/4" BLACK, 1/4" RED.
    Since I did my own body work and painted the car and stripes I wanted to make sure the stripe was not on the outer edge of the hood bubble curve, layout would have been a nightmare for me.
    Hope this helps.
    Ron
    Last edited by Ron J; 12-24-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Vents in the Hood, what car are they off of?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron J View Post
    Sure,
    Left to Right: 1/4" RED, 1/4" BLACK, 7-1/2" RED, 1" BLACK, 7-1/2" RED, 1/4" BLACK, 1/4" RED.
    Since I did my own body work and painted the car and stripes I wanted to make sure the stripe was not on the outer edge of the hood bubble curve, layout would have been a nightmare for me.
    Hope this helps.
    Ron
    Thanks so much car looks awsome

Post Thanks / Like
    The vents are universal carbon fiber extractor vents from Racing Products Group, Inc.
    Road Rage RR Series FRP Hood Vent Heat Extractor Set | racingproductgroup (rpgcarbon.com)

Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice! Can you say please the paint numbers?

Are the tail lights and side markers stock or where did you get them?

Is side marker in back on as running light or only for turning?

Also can you tell me please are you leaving the side pipes as-is. I like they way they look now, I just wondered. Car looks awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by James Morse View Post
    Really nice! Can you say please the paint numbers?

Are the tail lights and side markers stock or where did you get them?

Is side marker in back on as running light or only for turning?

Also can you tell me please are you leaving the side pipes as-is. I like they way they look now, I just wondered. Car looks awesome.

I bought all of my paint supplies from TCP GLOBAL.

My Paint Colors are:
    Black - Restoration Shop #1905 "Boulevard Black"
    Red - Restoration Shop #1705 "Tractor Red"

All of the lighting on my build are LED's.
    Taillights are United Pacific (Part No. 39472), the Aluminum Bezels are custom made by me from 1/4" Aluminum Plate. The bezels are dual function in that they are used as a washer to bolt the body to the frame and hold the LED Tail Light. This way I can remove the light without removing the bezel.

Both front and rear side maker lights function as running lights.

I had my side pipes coated with Cerakote C-Series (C-7300 Black Velvet).

Thank you for you positive comments!!

I guess I should post some additional pics of my build on a new thread.

I completely redesigned the dashboard to:
    1. allow me to install an Ididit tilt steering column (the harness plug works with the Ron Francis Wiring Loom supplied by FFR). I never liked the idea of a removable steering wheel.
    2. rotate the gauge panel about 28
    º to make the instruments easier to read.

The seats are from Backdraft Racing (to be clear, I wanted FFR Roadster Seats, but never received a response from FFR regarding their availability).
    DSC_3316.JPGDSC_3317.JPGDSC_3370.JPG
    Last edited by Ron J; 12-27-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it would be great if you start a build thread if you haven't already.

The tilt steering is great, I would like to know please the Ididit part number that you used.

I'd like to see a complete write-up, when you have time, of the dash build. It looks like you have stereo and nav in there, and the gauges layout looks good, so I'd like to know more about how you did all that. Thanks very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Daytona Coupe Tilt Steering Column

Quote Originally Posted by James Morse View Post
    Yes it would be great if you start a build thread if you haven't already.

The tilt steering is great, I would like to know please the Ididit part number that you used.

I'd like to see a complete write-up, when you have time, of the dash build. It looks like you have stereo and nav in there, and the gauges layout looks good, so I'd like to know more about how you did all that. Thanks very much.
    I am embarrassed by such a late reply. I don't cruise the forum on a regular basis.
    The steering column is Ididit Item 1120160010 with an Ididit Shorty Adaptor Item No. 2201100020. The Shorty Adaptor is for a GM 9-BOLT Style Steering Wheel. Ididit does not make an adaptor tor a British Moto Lita Steering Wheel (the type FFR supplies). I fitted a Volante S9 3 Spoke Steering Wheel to the adaptor. I bought the steering wheel through Amazon (Amazon.com: Volante S9 Series Steering Wheel, 9 Bolt with Premium Leather Grip). The nice thing about the Ididit Steering Column is the harness for the column is a direct fit to the FFR wiring harness.

The installation of the tilt column required designing a complete new dash panel and cutting a notch into the cowl brace. This process took several months of CAD design and fabrication of parts.
    The following steps were required to fit the tilt column. These steps obviously don't include design and fabrication of the new dash board.
    1. Shorten ¾” DD receiver shaft ≈2”.
    2. Notch cowl brace to lower Ididit 16” Shorty Steering Column shaft to match FFR stock shaft location.
    DSC_1170.JPG
    3. Fabricate & install mounting plate and muffler clamps in front of cowl brace to provide secondary support for steering column.
    DSC_1168.JPGDSC_1166.JPG
    4. Replace FFR pillow block bearing on cowl brace w/ 2” U-Bolt to support steering column.
    DSC_1164.JPG
    5. Design and fabricate replacement dashboard with a 1½” recess to accommodate the column tilt lever. I used 3/16" ABS for the dashboard and 3/8" ABS for the side plates to mount the recess portion of the dash.
    Dashboard Production REV E PASSENGER.jpgDashboard Production REV E STEERING.jpg
    6. Mount dash on front of ¾” brace & tilt the dash to be perpendicular to steering column for better visibility (~20°). I fabricated a wooden jig to set consistent bend in the 1/2" x 2" x 4mm SS Plates used for mounting the dashboard. i used J-B Weld for mounting.
    DSC_1372.JPGDSC_1380.JPGDSC_1395.JPG
    7. Replace stock Ididit adapter with Ididit’s shorty adapter (Item 2201100020) to make more room in cabin.
    8. Replace FFR Moto-Lita steering wheel with a Volante S9 3 Spoke Steering Wheel.
    9 Side panels were hand fit and fabricated from 3/16" ABS and modified 2" Dia ABS Sewer pipe. The are removable for maintenance. The panels were upholstered to match interior.
    DSC_2932.JPG
    Last edited by Ron J; 03-29-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Ron J, your is a Gen2 car?

Would be great for everyone to tell what their cars are when they post pics, sometimes hard to tell at first when looking at pics of individual parts of the cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, yes, it is a Gen2