Quote Originally Posted by 32J View Post
Hmm.... Hadn't thought about the heat right there. Thanks for pointing that out. First build... followed the recommended path from FFR for the most part. The top 3/4" tube will have the reservoir bracket, and the hood gas strut I think. Maybe it would be too crowded to re-run the front brake line up there?

I will now reverse-rationalize my approach, which is what I usually do when I realize I could have made a better decision . Bear with me: I do this to make myself feel better!
- I'm in Canada. Overheating is usually not a problem. Hahaha.
- Brake fluid boils at 400°F, correct? Engine bay temps, generally, may 250°F. Yes, it may be hotter above the exhaust headers on the drivers side. The car will be a cruiser and not tracked, so I think (hope?) that the heat output of the engine wont' be consistently hot to the point that brake fluid will boil.
- I ran the line along the top outside corner of the 3/4" tube, so hopefully the tube it self will provide some shielding.
- I have an infrared temperature gun. During go-kart I'll measure the temps in that area and if I'm really worried, maybe I can install some heat-shielding.

I'll have to think about this some more. Are there reports of guys actually boiling their brake fluid to the point of brake failure? I would think FFR would heard about that by now and I would have recommended an alternate routing.

Thanks!
Given the choice, I do run my front brake lines on the outside of the top 3/4" tube. If on the outside, doesn't interfere with either the reservoirs or the hood gas struts. I can't say that heat would be a problem on the lower tube. But it's an easy decision IMO to keep the line further away. FWIW. The clips showing in this picture are for the front harness. Also run along the outside of the top tube.