Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dimensions

Post Thanks / Like

Dimensions

Hi,

I will be coming down in early April to pick up my car and since I will be getting a rental truck I was wondering about the best size. These things are all pretty much the same in width but it is length that I need to know. There will be no room up front for any boxes of stuff so the rear will need to be big enough to hold it all. I was thinking of going with a 16' box. Is that enough?

One other question. I will be constructing a cradle to set the car onto so I would like to know the on-centre measurement between the 2 main 4" frame tubes as well if possible the overall length of the main frame tubes. Of course if you have any suggestions as to another setup that would be A-OK as well.

Thanks

Paul
    Ottawa

Tech Manager, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Paul,

A 16' box truck is generally good, as long as all of the 16' is floor length rather than overhang over the cab. We can put the body/chassis in first and then load boxes individually around it. For a support, the 4" round tubes are 24" apart on center, and a 6' separation lengthwise works well. Some carpet scraps are good to rest a powdercoated chassis on, so you could staple some onto the support points of the cradle.

Take care,

Jason @ Factory Five

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul, why not rent a uhaul pickup and trailer? Better yet, rent a pickup from one of the other agencies with unlimited km's and the trailer from uhaul or primo.

I'm just getting the trailer, I'll pull it with the durango or the f150.
    10 years after my roadster build....
    289 FIA (pickup 28/08/20 if covid permits)
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.