Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NJ Builder: How did you dispose of the un-used donor parts?

Post Thanks / Like

NJ Builder: How did you dispose of the un-used donor parts?

Getting ready to start tearing down a 2005 Impreza WRX for an 818 build. I suppose I could just call a salvage yard and have them pick up. Are there any other options? Car has rust so I doubt selling the parts is an option. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Greg Buchalski; 02-02-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make a list of all usable parts that you don't need and take pictures. List them on ebay or Facebook marketplace or some Subaru WRX forums. I sold a lot of parts from my donor WRX years ago.
    Davis

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a NJ builder too. I was able to sell the lights, bumpers, rear seats, driveshaft and some other parts I can't quite recall. Anything I wasn't sure of, I kept including all of the usable nuts and bolts which are still coming in handy. I wasn't sure what to do with the body/frame so I called a local scrap yard and they came by and picked it up for free. Didn't get any scrap money for it but they took it off my hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carnutdave View Post
    I'm a NJ builder too. I was able to sell the lights, bumpers, rear seats, driveshaft and some other parts I can't quite recall. Anything I wasn't sure of, I kept including all of the usable nuts and bolts which are still coming in handy. I wasn't sure what to do with the body/frame so I called a local scrap yard and they came by and picked it up for free. Didn't get any scrap money for it but they took it off my hands.
    What part of NJ? I am South and have an 818 about 90% complete.

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Brett33: I apologize for never responding to your message! I never got any notification about it.

I live about 5 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure. My 818 is also nearing completion. I'm starting the paperwork from MVC for titling and inspection to get it on the road.