BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a Quiet Evening in the Neighborhood......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Jim....I wasn't thinking you were trying to convince me about the Coyote motors, so no worries there....They are very intriguing though, and if money were no object, I'd be the first one stepping up, as the potential is huge...I've learned to watch for "the bright, shiny object" syndrome, as there's lots of mechanical eye candy out there....We're on a
    budget, so gotta focus, focus, focus....;.)

Griggs Racing makes some great products, and when I was racing the FFR Challenge Series car, Bruce and the guys helped me with parts and advice on several occasions. I haven't seen them in a while though, so please send along my best.....Bruce was selling "Old Blue" the last time I saw him (which I believe was at Miller Motorsports Park a couple of years ago)....He's a talented driver, and that was (is) one fast car! Dang, I should've bought it!

http://www.griggsracing.com/images/40car062808.jpg

As for the ST-1 class....I believe the Coupes can be competitive in the class. They are about as close to a street-legal racecar as you can buy, however, IMHO they will need a high level of support and development of the chassis (strengthening, triangulating, etc.), suspension geometry improvements, great brakes, and a true aero package to even begin competing on par with the folks running in ST-1....Definately not a project for the feint of heart, but for someone who likes a challenge, it could be a whole lot of fun!!!

It's very cool that you're considering building a Coupe for competition. They are amazing cars, and I look forward to building and developing our car alongside yours. In most regions, ST-1, ST-2 and the FFR Challenge Series cars all run in the same class, so I'll look forward to sharing the track with you.

Karen
    Last edited by vnmsss; 10-26-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Card View Post
    Either your engines aren't "stock", you have some funny things going on with your chassis dyno, or you are setting a world record for lowest drivetrain loss.
    All stock OEM Parts, built to the FFR spec rules (no smog, EGR, etc), there are many others out there making same or a few more HP than me.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here you go John.....;.)

The neighbors thought it was FFR West....;.)
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12