BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiring questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wiring questions

I am in the process of collecting parts for my Roadster build. This month I am purchasing the electrical parts. I have the Ron Francis wiring harness, auto meter gauges, horn + button, ignition, push button start, clock, red gaurded switches, 1992 Ford Probe turn switch.

Question? I see some builds with electrial terminal busses on the firewall. Any feedback on this set-up i.e. is it requred for gauge function or just a niceity? Also, if I am forgetting something from my list above please let me know.

Thanks all,

Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    I see no need for a terminal bus bar, more connections to deal with. IMO. However, I do think a bank of circuit breakers a neccessity for lights (hi-low), heater, heated seats, fuel pump and other heavy load circuits. I would wire them in areas that you can get to with the body on, otherwise, it'll be a PITA to get to. I would wire the dash with a multi-plug molex for gauges and if needed, one more for any "light" loaded circuit. This way, you can remove the dash easily by just unplugging a major connection or two if needed. My biggest concern is how you plan on doing any repair work (if needed) once the car is complete. I've seen a lot of builds that forget this and when it comes to a repair, well, let's just say it's not easy.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    I second the plug idea, works great to take dash in or out