Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  148
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: F9 SEMA Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any insight as to when/if FFR will start accepting orders? Fingers are getting itchy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good.

Interestingly, I saw almost that exact same shot of the car but at, what appears to be, the FFR building?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was at the painters not FFR
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking sharp Erik!

Much better with color. Carbon fiber is kind of cool once but after that they'd all look alike---kind of like Deloreans where you can't tell one from another (see, I was nice and didn't use the blue&white Cobra example )

Jeff

5. Likes Erik W. Treves, Jetfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see it finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Looking sharp Erik!

Much better with color. Carbon fiber is kind of cool once but after that they'd all look alike---kind of like Deloreans where you can't tell one from another (see, I was nice and didn't use the blue&white Cobra example )

Jeff
    Little known fact that I recently learned... There are a couple gold Deloreans. Not very popular since the option more than doubled the price of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five F9....D..O..N..E..
    Received March.. complete August.... Get out there and finish yours.... See ya at SEMA

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

8. Thanks BLUE KNIGHT thanked for this post
    Likes Geoff H, FF33rod, Jkviper, jbs72697 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    Was cleared show this "spy shot" - still some work to be done but it's going well.

To me, that looks too busy. Diffusers are all the rage, but for the street (and lets be honest, 99% of these will never see the track) maybe it's a little too much?

10. Thanks Jkviper, GoDadGo, cnutting thanked for this post
    Likes Jkviper, cnutting, Alan_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    Factory Five F9....D..O..N..E..
    Received March.. complete August.... Get out there and finish yours.... See ya at SEMA

Hey Chief -- Where's the typical SEMA drama? Aren't you supposed be bolting on the last parts in the parking lot in Vegas the day before the show? Great work and I can't wait to see it unveiled.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

12. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah .. I try to not have that happen...lol... It's already a stressful time building these to be displayed in that venue in the first place.��

14. Thanks BLUE KNIGHT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRWRX View Post
    To me, that looks too busy. Diffusers are all the rage, but for the street (and lets be honest, 99% of these will never see the track) maybe it's a little too much?
    Well it's part of the design... Without it there there is nothing around the tail pipes or behind the rear tires ... It looks unfinished...in the end it looks really good in my opinion...and the 850hp motor is also unnecessary... But it sure does make all the right noises ����

16. Thanks BLUE KNIGHT thanked for this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure this will be "Just" another of your Spectacular Builds!
    Looking forward to seeing it unveiled.
    Can't Wait To See It!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRWRX View Post
    Love the diffuser - My concern is more the rear...spats? Most outboard sections covering partial rear of the tire - how are those going to hold up to debris being thrown at them?

Post Thanks / Like
    D..A..M..N..
    Simply incredible.
    Much want (as the millenials say)
    Beautiful

Post Thanks / Like
    So what is happening with this car? I heard Dave announced that SEMA is off for FFR for 2021 and I was wondering what is going to happen with this car? Will it be "crated" until 2022 SEMA?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    So what is happening with this car? I heard Dave announced that SEMA is off for FFR for 2021 and I was wondering what is going to happen with this car? Will it be "crated" until 2022 SEMA?
    Dave Jim, and Jesper are not getting good vibes from the front end, so their getting with the designer, and redoing the front clip, which means more cad, new molds for the front, which might include reshaping the outer door skins. The process might take a year or two, but I wouldn't think it is going to be shelved, or anything like that, just delayed.

I believe Dave wants to make sure FFR hits a grand slam, out of the park, hit with the official unveiling .

Ron
    Last edited by Presto51; 10-18-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I didn't mean with the F9 in general, I was asking about this specific car. I was wondering what it will do for a year until the 2022 SEMA show? Will it be stored somewhere until 2022 SEMA? Will it be driven around for R&D work? Will it be cut up and modified? Just wondering if anyone knows what the plans are for this car that was supposed to be for SEMA 2021 and was specifically built for that event? My suggestion would be to put new car model "camouflage" on it drive it around and see what people say. Might even get in the car mags as a "spy" shot of some interesting new car. Would be fun to hear the journalists speculate on whose OEM it might be!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Putting some camouflage on it and taking it out to the Nurburgring would be epic! Peoples' heads would explode trying to figure out what it was.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Putting some camouflage on it and taking it out to the Nurburgring would be epic! Peoples' heads would explode trying to figure out what it was.
    Nurburgring would be a very costly exercise where everything is objectively compared to those which have laid-down extraordinary numbers previously. Porsche, Mercedes, Chevrolet hedge their bets, with performance data bases, so the risk comes down to a professional running at ten tenths without a crash or self destruct. No FFR is not in that league. Introspection, when the green flag drops, the BS stops.
    jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Jones View Post
    Nurburgring would be a very costly exercise where everything is objectively compared to those which have laid-down extraordinary numbers previously. Porsche, Mercedes, Chevrolet hedge their bets, with performance data bases, so the risk comes down to a professional running at ten tenths without a crash or self destruct. No FFR is not in that league. Introspection, when the green flag drops, the BS stops.
    jim
    Agreed. Was commenting solely on the ensuing speculation regarding manufacturer. Would definitely give the paparazzi something to occupy themselves with for a moment.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, the FFR PDG GTM #4 race team has on it one of the drivers that piloted the Tesla recently on their record breaking runs at the Nurburgring. If the F9 were up to it, FFR has the driver available to them. But yes, it would be an extraordinarily expensive endeavor, and I don't believe that SEMA car is ready for that type of "testing". At least not yet.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Cart before horse?
    As I see it FFR has not identified manufacturability, ability to assemble, bill of material, or the cost, let alone durability, supply chain, or the price.
    What is the power and TFF (time to first failure)?
    Will this product require financing?
    Styling has not been determined.

Maybe JohnK's idea is backwards. The media is not stationed at Nurburgring, but they are fixtures around GM's development center in Warren MI. So take an unmarked F9 to Warren MI and drive around for an hour per day for two or three days. The media would be all over it, pictures on the internet and in magazines, and resulting reader responses. If it is a hit, take that as a positive sign. If it bombs, let GM take the hit.
    jim
    Last edited by J R Jones; 10-19-2021 at 07:59 PM.

28. Thanks nucjd19 thanked for this post
    Likes Cobradavid, Jetfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Jones View Post
    Cart before horse?
    As I see it FFR is not identified manufacturability ability to assemble bill of material, or the cost, let alone durability, supply chain or the price.
    What is the power or TFF (time to first failure)?
    Will this product require financing?
    Styling has not been determined.

Maybe JohnK's idea is backwards. The media is not stationed at Nurburgring, but they are fixtures around GM's development center in Warren MI. So take an unmarked F9 to Warren MI and drive around for an hour per day for two or three days. The media would be all over it, pictures on the internet and in magazines, and resulting reader responses. If it is a hit, take that as a positive sign. If it bombs, let GM take the hit.
    jim

Do it at GM proving grounds and watch the media speculate about GM "reverting back" to a front engine architecture for the Corvette!

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

30. Likes J R Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does the F9 headroom compare to the Gen 3 Coupe headroom? Did they cut down the top from the Gen 3 to get the swoopy look and aero?
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    It has a LITTLE less head room ... maybe an inch in height

33. Thanks Sgt.Gator thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    had a Gen I coupe and with the stock seats the headroom was tight (along with the closeness to the roll cage). Hope there is more wiggle room in this car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Erik I have to ask how did you acquire the F9 to build just curious I awesome Dave asked you to build it for SEMA

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five approached me as one of their BETA builders. The car is back with Factory Five in the their R & D shop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345