BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ford Bronco donor engine ?

Post Thanks / Like

Ford Bronco donor engine ?

I'm wanting to building a the FFR Hot Rod and planning on attending the build school.

Until then, a donor car came up that I'm interested in and new some insight/help on it. The donor car is a 1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer edition. As I understand things, this has the 351W engine.

I believe it also has a Mass AirFlow (MAF) sensor. Is this correct?

And how difficult would it be to use this engine in the Hot Rod car? From looking at the specs the engine should be straightforward.

But, what about the transmission and drivetrain? The donor car has 4WD on it, does that mean that I can't use the transmission or can I remove the transfer case and use the tranny as is?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like
    The engine will work and is an easy fit. Just tel FFR your plans when ordering to get the correct engine mounts on the frame. You will nee to source a transmission and probably bell housing to make it work.

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s a great engine for your project, but the stock fuel injection manifolds were very tall. I would rebuild it and convert it to a carburetor or aftermarket FI. The trans is most likely an E40D Automatic with a unique tail housing that would need to be changed out, not the best choice IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pull the stock fuel injection system off and replace with the Holley Sniper EFI system...I have it on my 70 Challenger and love it!

Jim