Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: looking for members in southeastern PA

Post Thanks / Like

looking for members in southeastern PA

Long time lurker getting ready to make a buy (hopefully) of a Mark II or Mark III turn key used car. but I want to make sure I'll fit or at least the I'm comfortable in a roadster. Im looking for a member near me that would let me sit in the drivers seat to check fitment. Im in bucks county but willing to drive locally to get a fit. I went to 2 early cruise nights and saw a couple cobra's but the owners were very stand off 'ish and didn't really seem to like to even talk to people let alone let someone sit in there car. If you can help a brother out please message me or reply to this post so we can make it happen, if you like vintage drag racing I'll return the favor and let you sit in my period correct 1959 A/D.
    thanks Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the Columbia MD area, but if you're ever in this neck of the woods, you're more than welcome to stop by and sit in my car (Roadster Mk IV). It's currently in the body shop getting painted but hope to have it back by mid June. I'm not sure what the differences are between a II, III and a IV but I've been told the IV has been through a few design changes for driver comfort and fit.

Best of luck in your search
    Mk IV Roadster #9749, Kit received Jan 2, 2020, Blueprint SBF 347 TKO600 Holley Sniper EFI, Dual roll bars, IRS, 17" Halibrand, Nitto 555 G2 245, 315 Road legal Oct 20, 2020

3. Thanks the shadow thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Rising Sun Md about six mile from Pa. My car is all finished except I have the body off for paint. You are welcome to have a seat in it to check fit.

5. Thanks the shadow thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ggunter, I’m not too far north from you - near Lincoln University. Preparing to order in the near future, so may be asking for some advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a MK2 and live in Montgomery County, MD if you ever swing by.
    I do a lot of local Cars and Coffee and will never turn somebody down to get into the car, I even sometime invite people to sit in when they show lot of interest, espcially kids.
    So weird that they won't let you sit in it...
    Last edited by Francky; 07-27-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Francky View Post
    I have a MK2 and live in Montgomery County, MD if you ever swing by.
    I do a lot of local Cars and Coffee and will never turn somebody down to get into the car, I even sometime invite people to sit in when they show lot of interest, especially kids.
    So weird that they won't let you sit in it...
    thanks for the invite, I know what you mean about letting people sit in it. I own show and restore vintage race cars and when ever I am at shows I invite curious people to sit in them. They love it, older people act like little kids again and little kids are overjoyed you let them into your race car. a lot of other owners ask me why I do that and aren't I worried something might get scratched or broken? I just shrug and say "it aint made of paper mache or porcelain they cant break it". and besides I'm right here watching them and can instruct them what not to touch or do.