Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shawn Whetstone's Design

Post Thanks / Like
    Still one of the nicest designs, which I prefer over the winners or Jim's design, short of Rodney's. Looks stunning in matt silver.

I think you could easily get away with increasing the overall greenhouse size a bit to address to WC issue. If anything, the current proportions look appropriate on a larger car. Given how small this platform is suppose to be, I think you can make height and fore/aft of the greenhouse dimensions larger w/o hurting the look.

If both Rodney's and your designs were produced, I'd be forced to buy two kits.
    Last edited by dclin; 02-11-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite still by far!! Thanks for the video showing the different angles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My favorite also I had picked it before the judges made there decision on the top four or was it three ??.it's been a long time since an update..This time the video worked ,Thanks..

Mel

Post Thanks / Like
    Love this car. Definitely my top, with R-O's almost sharing that spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    i would love to buy and build the targa kit based on this design. good job. thanks for the tips on the software tools (rhino) for some ideas i'm toying with.

question, based on your earlier comments your radiator design would allow for front trunk storage (boot area) for the targa top, so presumably for briefcase or other small stuff if the targa was still in the mounted/closed position, yes? Some of the other designs also had a rear trunk/boot, above the tranny and below the rear deck, did yours? i'd like the high mileage with targa to try to make this as practical as possible a car for some driving to work/town. and by high mileage, the standard 2.5T in < 2000 pounds will do just fine, the VW tdi would be gravy. not looking for a stage 3 STI setup (yet)

thanks Shawn.

-hak

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks hak.

Yes, there would still be a little room in the front trunk with the Targa Top stowed. And yes, there is a lot of curvature in the back end from a plan view so there could be a really small trunk above the transaxle like a Lotus Elise.

Quote Originally Posted by hakalugi View Post
    i would love to buy and build the targa kit based on this design. good job. thanks for the tips on the software tools (rhino) for some ideas i'm toying with.

question, based on your earlier comments your radiator design would allow for front trunk storage (boot area) for the targa top, so presumably for briefcase or other small stuff if the targa was still in the mounted/closed position, yes? Some of the other designs also had a rear trunk/boot, above the tranny and below the rear deck, did yours? i'd like the high mileage with targa to try to make this as practical as possible a car for some driving to work/town. and by high mileage, the standard 2.5T in < 2000 pounds will do just fine, the VW tdi would be gravy. not looking for a stage 3 STI setup (yet)

thanks Shawn.

-hak
    SHAWN : INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER : ZUKUNPLAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Shawn,

I was very disappointed your design did not win and I stopped paying attention all together after I saw the disappointing models FF produced. I think it would be in FF's best interest to go forward with your design and modify the frame as necessary to have a desirable final product. Your's is the only design that basically matched my pre-conception of what the winning design would look like and it is the only one so far I would purchase. Excellent work and I hope FF decides to utilize this or at least work a good portion of your design into the final product.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567