Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Design Model - O's - Feedback and Suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    might be because he is now secretly working at FFR and he be publicly discuss production model stuff.......at least that's what I'm hoping
    and that Xabier is being consulted too
    2011 Subaru Forester - the DD - uber rare 5spd manual
    1990 Miata - Track Rat, autocrossing cheap POS - love it
    2018 Factory 5 Racing 818 Hardtop Coupe - preapproved by the wife

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea lets hope so... Dave Smith did say something to the effect that its Rodneys design being done so I am pretty confident now that it will be.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, I am around lurking every now and then. I have moved on to another project at the moment, but on the FFR end I have sent the 3d cad files to them, so I'm Kind of in wait mode as well just like everyone else =).

However I have been programming a few things inside the 3d viewer when I get a chance. I might upload one more final viewer if I ever get around to finishing it, there are no new changes to the design since you guys saw it last, a few little tweaks. But with this new 3d viewer I'm hoping you can customize the car with different options; Change spoilers, Tires, size of rims, colors, decals, window tint, ground kit variations and combinations, I'm improving the camera as well so you can sort fly around the car and not just spin it. But It's about 2 weeks out for that to get done.

I'm little anxious as well, I want to see what the new design that FFR has cooking looks like, I don't think FFR will disappoint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows #_#

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cool!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RodneyO View Post
    Hi guys, I am around lurking every now and then. I have moved on to another project at the moment, but on the FFR end I have sent the 3d cad files to them, so I'm Kind of in wait mode as well just like everyone else =).

However I have been programming a few things inside the 3d viewer when I get a chance. I might upload one more final viewer if I ever get around to finishing it, there are no new changes to the design since you guys saw it last, a few little tweaks. But with this new 3d viewer I'm hoping you can customize the car with different options; Change spoilers, Tires, size of rims, colors, decals, window tint, ground kit variations and combinations, I'm improving the camera as well so you can sort fly around the car and not just spin it. But It's about 2 weeks out for that to get done.

I'm little anxious as well, I want to see what the new design that FFR has cooking looks like, I don't think FFR will disappoint.
    Thanks Rodney great to hear... Love the idea of a customizable 3D viewer as I spend to much time as it is perving at your current one!

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RodneyO View Post

Rodney your design was perfect. Everytime you posted a new pic I shared it on my FB because it was automotive beauty. If I get any indication that FFR will build it mostly untouched I'd wait for that over what they first unveil.

Post Thanks / Like
    bump.
    Here's to hoping the CAD file looks like one of this
    I'm waiting to see how the prototype turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so totally on bored for it if it was. Hopefully we will know what it looks like year soon. This is a favorite one and while Rodney was doing his tweeks to it continued to get more and more refined looking better and better like a car that they could produce. This body is what is HoF to me and all my coworkers and buddies. A hardtop wouldn't be that hard to fabricate either if this is the one. If its not I hope that it finds it way into the coupe version

Post Thanks / Like
    Rodney, were you still working on the viewer with updated camera angles and more adjustable options like wheels and such? Also, I'm curious as to what wheels (offset, backspacing, etc..) are on it as it sits. I am new to this thread and 23 pages is a lot to take in... Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyyone know if ffr is working on aero version?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping for som Rodney-O styled body options, like a revised front fascia, rear clip, or a bolt-on hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjones121 View Post
    Anyyone know if ffr is working on aero version?
    Unlikely at this point. Focus is on the 818S and the 818R. Until those get released, they're not working on other 818 variants.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I am new to Factory Five. The only reason I started digging into this is because I saw a random photo of your car in Google images. It looks fantastic. The thing I can't figure out after pouring through countless threads and other sites is if this car will be built? From what I could piece together is that this is on of several designs that were entered into a competition for the next 818. When is the new 818 going to be released or it's design decided on? If it looks close to anything like your car I would be very interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct that this was one of the designs picked in the competition, but it will not be built. I recommend you go to factoryfive.com and check out the 818 section for actual pictures of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNS View Post
    You are correct that this was one of the designs picked in the competition, but it will not be built. I recommend you go to factoryfive.com and check out the 818 section for actual pictures of the car.
    Thanks for the response. I was a little confused. I see the 818 that is on the website but then it says mid 2013 for the new 818. So the two cars shown, the red and blue cars, on the website is the final product of the 818 project?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tkindred View Post
    Thanks for the response. I was a little confused. I see the 818 that is on the website but then it says mid 2013 for the new 818. So the two cars shown, the red and blue cars, on the website is the final product of the 818 project?
    While details are on the Street (red car) and Track (blue car) are still being finalized, these two cars will look pretty much like what you see. Both versions are expected to be in production by June of 2013. There will ultimately be other versions of the car -- a coupe, or targa/coupe, plus a high mileage eco-version -- which will be produced later. It is not clear if the bodies will be variants of the current shape, or whether they might look like something else altogether -- perhaps even like Rodney O's popular design. I think that is possible -- though not particularly probable. But only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    We do know Rodney was working on something for Factory Five. Though I'll build whatever they sell, I keep hoping Rodney's design one day becomes an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since we're back on this thread, just a thought, please tell me were I'm wrong. The 818 like the MK4 and hotrod use a bolt on windshield. The hot rods hard top has the windshield and top as one piece, I'm thinking to make fitting the door glass easier. The question is wouldn't fitting the windshield, top and door glass on a targa design and make it weather proof not to mention wind noise, be very difficult?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    ....fitting the windshield, top and door glass on a targa design and make it weather proof not to mention wind noise, be very difficult?
    100% Correct! That's why I think that FFR isn't going to roll out a targa but instead go with a coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the 818S windshield frame is bolt-on

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Offcoarse it is bolt on, it is not part of the frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE: 04/16/13

I saw an article on the Detroit Electric today, sort of like Rodney's mated with a Tesla.

http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...dfpLayout=blog
    220818_696738.jpg

http://www.detroit-electric.com/our-story.php
    s03.jpg
    George; Architect, Artist and Designer of Objects

1977 Porsche 911 Targa, 2.7L CIS Silver/Black, owned since 2003
    1998 Chevy S-10 Pick-Up Truck 4x4 4.3L V6 Black with front and rear spoilers
    1989 Scat II HP hovercraft with Cuyuna two stroke ULII-02, 35 hp with experimental skirt and sound control

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen several concept cars that you would think Rodey helped with. Maybe he got some cues from them. Either way, I wish the 818 picked up on some of the future designs out there like Rodneys designed seemed to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks more to me like a lotus (since rodney's car looked a bit like a cartooned lotus). Not surprising given the former CEO of lotus engineering re-started detroit electric.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just a slightly modified Elise...

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks almost unmodified from the body on the current model. That's the updated body that never made it to the US.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223