Jeff,
I would not categorize the pedal effort as extremely high. It doesn't seem wrong. In fact, the more I think about this, the more I think it's just my direct comparison of getting out of a new GT350 (which has the best brakes I've ever experienced) then into the Cobra. But when I read others post about how their Wilwood brakes feel as good as power brakes, it just makes me wonder if I could make mine even better. Hence this thread.

I know the attention to detail on this build was very good. I'm digging through the receipts now. Hmm. I see Replicaparts 94+ Mustang Pedal Box for non-power brakes ($175).

Plus things like Russ Thompson's Gas Pedal Assembly, Brake Hose to frame bracket stainless kit for 5/8" OD hose ends, Braided Stainless brake hose kit, 5/8" round bulkhead fitting, 3AN, Russ Thompson's pedal pad kits for brake, clutch, and many other touches of an informed build (ie, solid offset rack mounting kit for steering rack, a solid roll bar (no exposed bolt) all brake and fuel lines run safely along frame protected from physical contact, etc.). I had the car inspected before buying and have had it totally torque checked twice by experienced techs in my 15 months of ownership and no one, myself included, have found any evidence of missed details or shut cuts.

But I'm always open to improvement suggestions!