Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear blinkers/reverse light

Post Thanks / Like

Rear blinkers/reverse light

The blinker and reverse light bulb supplied in my factory five kit do not fit in either of the supplied housings. It appears the housing is made for a small round bulb and the bulb they sent is a push in circuit board style. I’ve tried calling and emailing them without luck. Does anyone know the correct bulb part number so I can order the correct one? Is it a dual color bulb?

Post Thanks / Like
    My 818 is a 2014 which may differ from your car.
    The Hella lamp housing comes with a (gray housing) single filament incandescent bulb. My assembly manual states "throw away the gray housing" and use the black housing. I can not find a black housing that fits.
    Anyway the instructions are install the LED bulb in the black housing. It looks like a two color push-in type. The intent is amber turn, and white reverse. If the colors are wrong, remove the LED and rotate 180 degrees.
    I have black EiCO housings with 65W halogen bulbs. and they do not fit.
    jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, my black housing that replaced the grey one fits in the car, but the bulb that came does not fit either the grey or the black housing.

Post Thanks / Like
    D, My guess is that you have the wrong bulb. Perhaps it should be like this:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...YaAvNCEALw_wcB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D sattler View Post
    The blinker and reverse light bulb supplied in my factory five kit do not fit in either of the supplied housings. It appears the housing is made for a small round bulb and the bulb they sent is a push in circuit board style. I’ve tried calling and emailing them without luck. Does anyone know the correct bulb part number so I can order the correct one? Is it a dual color bulb?
    My bulbs are dual color (white/orange) and have the round bayonet-style connector - it seems that's what you need. There is no marking on the bulb, but hopefully this picture will enable you to find it:

Bulb.jpg

Likewise, J R Jones, there are no markings on the housings, but the picture might help you. There are 3 flat prongs in the connector.

I also swapped out the tail/brake light and headlights with LEDs - they are fairly inexpensive and l won't have to bother replacing them anytime soon.

Cheers

Dave
    Last edited by Kiwi Dave; 05-19-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I think that bulb is exactly what I need- does anyone know the bulb part number? If not Dave could you measure the diameter of the base of the bulb so I can try to locate one?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I think that bulb is exactly what I need- does anyone know the bulb part number? If not Dave could you measure the diameter of the base of the bulb so I can try to locate one?
    The diameter of the main shaft with the lugs is 0.60 inches. This and other measurements jibes with the bulbs in Mr. Jones' link - I think those are the correct bulbs.

Cheers

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect! Thank you everyone for your help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread jack...
    I’m in need of the black bulb holder, the middle item in Kiwi Dave’s post above. I also need the mating pigtails. FFR’s response to my requests for help has been very slow. I would appreciate any help with supplier and part number for those items.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could be more help but there is not a single part number on the black connector.

Post Thanks / Like
    After looking at a couple other posts I believe the blinker bulb is a 1156 and the brake bulb is a 1157. The difference being the pin location. You may be able to search for a 1156 bulb socket.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...You may be able to search for a 1156 bulb socket.
    Thanks, but no luck there. The issue is mating to the Hella lens assembly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure you've solved this by now, but for what it's worth, my socket has very loose pins which may short together when installed. I couldn’t find a match for that socket, but from the photos it appears that the VW socket 7D0953123A with the VW connector 1J0973723 may work. I haven’t tried them yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Rear Turn signal socket

My pins are also loose and not connecting properly. Do you think this socket would workORMAN 645-562 Tail Lamp Socket

Post Thanks / Like
    The reviews suggest it is designed to replace VW 7D0953123A, but execution by Dorman is marginal. It may be an improvement over FFR's supplier, but Amazon has labeled it as a frequently returned item. I'd buy only one to start, or maybe try one of the more expensive offerings.