BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking is see live MKIV and Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Looking is see live MKIV and Coupe

Hi All,
    I’ve been reading lots of builds for the last couple years absorbing information and making plans & budgets (LOL) for a build. My son, Matthew 46, my grandson Matthew who will be 14 in July, (my granddaughter will be 15 in this month and is not interested but who knows down the road) and I are planning to go to the build school later this year. I have been looking at the 289FIA, MKIV Roadster and the Gen 3 Coupe. I have always wanted a Cobra since they first came out. In the summer of 1966, I saw three black 289’s for sale for $6,200 in Oakland, CA, yes that was a long time ago, but what 17 year old had $6,200 back then? Since I am more of a coupe kind of guy, I’m leaning towards the Coupe but we would like to check out the all of them in person and possibly take a ride to be sure which we will build. Is there anybody in the San Francisco Bay Area that we can get with? We’ve already got our COVID shots.

Hopefully all the stars will be in alignment this year or early next year so we can order a complete kit and get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glen,
    I am in Half Moon Bay and in the middle of building a coupe. You can check it out if you like. Almost ready for first start and go karting if the wheels ever arrive.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does sometime next week sound except Wednesday

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Glen. I'm down in Los Gatos. I'm in the middle of building a roadster. You're welcome to come by and check it out any time you'd like. I'm also fully vaccinated.

-John
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John. What does your schedule look like for the next week or two? Wednesday's are out for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glen,
    Any day works for me as long as it's after 3:00 when I get home from work.
    Let me know.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Glen,

I'm usually wide open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Send me a PM and I'm sure we can find a day/time that works.

-John
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent PM John

Post Thanks / Like
    Rsnake, I sent you a PM

Post Thanks / Like
    Glen,
    I sent you a text after seeing your PM.
    Thanks