FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Bike fender brackets

Post Thanks / Like

Bike fender brackets

Anybody got a picture of the bike fender mounting bracket? I will be using these on my 35 truck build, getting the fenders somewhere else so I need to know what the brackets look like.

Have a great-full Memorial weekend.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see nobody has responded so here's a photo of a front fender bracket. They're cut from 1/2" thick lead, OK steel but they weigh as much as a boat anchor. I made my own out of 4130N tubing that are at least 1,000 lbs lighter.

BTW, I didn't install my fender brackets like FFR directs as it would have been a huge hassle to pull them off to run fenderless or to touch-up paint chips. Instead, I installed the shorter cap screws like you would when not running bike fenders. But instead of using a typical nut, I used a high strength threaded couplings. Then I threaded studs into the couplers and mounted the fender brackets with lock nuts. I don't recall the thread size but here's what a threaded coupler looks like: https://www.mcmaster.com/threaded-co...coupling-nuts/

33HR Front Fender Brackets.jpg
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    I see nobody has responded so here's a photo of a front fender bracket. They're cut from 1/2" thick lead, OK steel but they weigh as much as a boat anchor. I made my own out of 4130N tubing that are at least 1,000 lbs lighter.

BTW, I didn't install my fender brackets like FFR directs as it would have been a huge hassle to pull them off to run fenderless or to touch-up paint chips. Instead, I installed the shorter cap screws like you would when not running bike fenders. But instead of using a typical nut, I used a high strength threaded couplings. Then I threaded studs into the couplers and mounted the fender brackets with lock nuts. I don't recall the thread size but here's what a threaded coupler looks like: https://www.mcmaster.com/threaded-co...coupling-nuts/

33HR Front Fender Brackets.jpg
    Thanks NAZ, very helpful. I am not using FFR bike fenders, I am using steel for MC actually 3 of them, the third will be cut in 1/2 and added to the main ones creating a 120-130 deg radius fender, The FFR brackets were not too expensive so I will see how I can mate it together. Thanks and have a safe and greatful Memorial day.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did the same thing, used a rear fender off a Harley but cut it in half and made bike fenders like the Milner Coupe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgqUHk-zDY&t=3s

Minimalist, just so NHRA won't categorize my car as an altered. My chassis cert is due so if I can't slide by with the bike fenders I'll have to hang those big heavy full fenders on the car.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing you the best of luck. I am in Florida.... might be a little easier here.... I am long long way from that.. Kit wont be here un til October.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    And a classic clip.... Those were the days. Actually lived thru some of it in Woodland CA... a long long long time ago.

7. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bike fender brackets on the Truck/Hotrod

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wingardh View Post
    Thanks NAZ, very helpful. I am not using FFR bike fenders, I am using steel for MC actually 3 of them, the third will be cut in 1/2 and added to the main ones creating a 120-130 deg radius fender, The FFR brackets were not too expensive so I will see how I can mate it together. Thanks and have a safe and greatful Memorial day.

Well got the FFR bike fenders afterall. The fender brackets limit the steering radious as they catch on the control arms before the stop. Anyone got a splution for this?

TIA,

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    See your other post.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks