FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Hi All, I'm the new guy in this forum.

Oliver Racing
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi All, I'm the new guy in this forum.

I just ordered my 33 Hot Rod and am eager to start the learning process. I built a roadster a few years back and had a great time with it. But now it's time for a new build. I ordered the Complete Kit. I will receive it hopefully around December 18th of this year. I have a Chevy 383 475hp that I will be putting into it. So now the search for the rest of the drive train begins.
    Questions: What Mustangs have the correct size 8.8 rear end? (straight axle please)
    Looks like I will need a 700r4 transmission? Any other ideas or what vendor do you recommend?

All Comments welcome, I think.

2. Likes narly1, CaptB, JimLev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Oliver!

Congrats on taking another plunge with the FFR family. I can't answer you questions but that 383 will be sweet!
    Look forward to your build thread at the end of the year when you get your kit

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!! I'm not sure what years work (I think FFR manual gives a list, I'll take a look), but I got a junkyard 2002 GT rear: the details from my tag were: 3.27, 8.8, limited slip, 5 lug, solid rotor, 62.52" wide - there are different widths based on year.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

5. Thanks OliverRacing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a thread I asked the same question in, a few years back.. some useful info

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...donor-rear-end
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven't got a manual yet, ask them to email you one. You can read it while you wait - a printed one comes with kit.

From the 3G version I have:

rear.png
    James

8. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post
    Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverRacing View Post
    I just ordered my 33 Hot Rod and am eager to start the learning process. I built a roadster a few years back and had a great time with it. But now it's time for a new build. I ordered the Complete Kit. I will receive it hopefully around December 18th of this year. I have a Chevy 383 475hp that I will be putting into it. So now the search for the rest of the drive train begins.
    Questions: What Mustangs have the correct size 8.8 rear end? (straight axle please)
    Looks like I will need a 700r4 transmission? Any other ideas or what vendor do you recommend?

All Comments welcome, I think.
    For the truck FFR recomends a Ford 8.8 rear end from Mustang 2005-2014. I got one of a junkyard for $525 excluding brakes. And with 3.55 gear ratio. In my reserch I fond the manual transmissions had a RE with 3.27 and the Auto 3.55. And I am doing auto R70W and 347 stroker from Blue Print. My kit will be here early-mid Oct.

Good luck and keep posting.

10. Thanks OliverRacing thanked for this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Behold The Power Of The Darkness!
    Together We Can Rule The Empire!

https://youtu.be/iEzTO-T9H9o

Soon Another Dark Side Ride Will Be Born!
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome & Welcome!

12. Thanks OliverRacing thanked for this post
    Oliver Racing
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks' to all of you for your input. I am sure going forward I will have lots of questions.