Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Looking for owners of Roadsters in Atlanta Area

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for owners of Roadsters in Atlanta Area

I am building my 3rd FFR and I have a friend building his first. We would like to see other Roadsters i(Particularly MK4 s) in the Atlanta / North Georgia Area.

Please post or PM

Thanks!
    2005 MkIII Roadster 4.6 DOHC / T56 ... SOLD
    2020 Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe 5.0 Coyote Gen 2/TKO600 - F5R1000181DC ... SOLD
    2021 MKIV "Street Roadster" BPE 347/TKX - F5R1010085RD ... Finished 6/11/2022
    2022 Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe 5.0 Coyote Gen 3/TKX - F5R1000404DC ... Finished 10/6/2023 ... SOLD
    2021 MKIV Roadster BPE347/TKX F5R1010078RD ... Driver in Gelcoat 1/7/2024

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the Charleston SC area if that is of any help...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done two cars for owners who are in the Atlanta area. Both cars are Mk4s; one is a Coyote and the other is a Windsor. I'll shoot them both a PM and suggest that they reach out to you.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm is Sandy Springs and would love to hook up with you guys as soon as I get my MK IV back from Kliner.
    Best
    Bill
    MK II FFR 3428 SBF Sold (to a guy in FINLAND!).
    MK IV F5R 8617 SBF

Post Thanks / Like
    Messaged you. I live in Lilburn, GA
    Last edited by Ducky2009; 08-09-2021 at 09:18 PM.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered my MK4 kit, am 6'2", and wondering if I should have selected a different seat option. Would like to connect with Cobra folks in the Atlanta / North Georgia area to chat. I'm in Canton. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsamorrow View Post
    I just ordered my MK4 kit, am 6'2", and wondering if I should have selected a different seat option. Would like to connect with Cobra folks in the Atlanta / North Georgia area to chat. I'm in Canton. Thanks.
    Welcome.... I'm down in Summerville SC... a bit of a drive from you. You should know that there is a fantastic body/paint guy that is just up the road from you in Dahlonega that does wonders with these cars... reach out to me should you want more information... again, welcome.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ramsamorrow. I live in Big Canoe and ordered a MK4 a few months ago. Looks like we may be pretty close in sync on the delivery date. I plan to fly to Boston Early December with a bud, rent a box truck, pick up the kit and head home. Might be good to hook up as our builds commence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theshandman View Post
    Hi ramsamorrow. I live in Big Canoe and ordered a MK4 a few months ago. Looks like we may be pretty close in sync on the delivery date. I plan to fly to Boston Early December with a bud, rent a box truck, pick up the kit and head home. Might be good to hook up as our builds commence.
    Hey guys, I am in-between Jasper & Ellijay (near Fainting Goat Winery/Vineyard) and have just started my research towards a potential purchase in Q4 2022... I would love to connect with you all and maybe make a visit to see your builds. I can be reached at [email protected] Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theshandman View Post
    Hey guys... I am in Jasper (near Fainting Goat on 136) and would enjoy getting to know you all... I am in the early research stage and likely 12-18 months out from a build. Let me know if we can get together. I can be reached at [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    My Brother-in-law and I just ordered our kit. We will be building it in my garage in East Cobb near the Cherokee line (close to woodstock). Delivery in September, 2022.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    My Brother-in-law and I just ordered our kit. We will be building it in my garage in East Cobb near the Cherokee line (close to woodstock). Delivery in September, 2022.
    Alec, Great to hear... I would love to meet you guys and learn how the order process worked for you. You just ordered your kit and the lead time is September? Wow... Which kit did you order?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherof5 View Post
    Alec, Great to hear... I would love to meet you guys and learn how the order process worked for you. You just ordered your kit and the lead time is September? Wow... Which kit did you order?
    Complete Mark4 with IRS, 17" staggered wheels and tires, mustang brakes, etc. I started a build thread with a bit more details on the order, although its bound to change a bit. We ordered a Blueprint 347 stroker / Tremec package. My BIL is still pushing for the 427 but that increased cost is on him lol. I'm getting my garage prepped as a first step by getting rid of junk, organizing tools, upgrading my lighting and access to electrical etc. I'm reading build threads and learning about the various mods and suppliers for optional parts. Yes, the current delivery delay is 8.5 months so plan ahead. Happily the deposits required to get into the queue for both engine ($2k) and kit ($1k) are reasonable and mostly refundable. Changes are freely allowed as well, at least for FFR. SO there was no reason to wait. We will get started building next fall/winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi to all. My name is Glenn and I recently relocated to Buckhead from Charlotte. I built MKIV #9279 which I have been driving in gel coat for about 2 years. I am by no means a professional mechanic but would be happy to help in any way I can.

I built the complete kit and have done some minor modifications. I installed a 427W built by an engine shop in Concord, NC. My intention for the car was street driving. I replaced the FFR supplied side pipes with Boig quiet pipes. For anyone that is currently waiting on an order from FFR, I have a set of their chrome side pipes which are nearly brand new and I would be willing to sell. I also have a brand new manual steering rack which i would gladly give away to anyone that needs it because it added power steering. Lastly I might have some of the tools that could help in your build which I am not using and would be happy to let you borrow.

Glenn

15. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Complete Mark4 with IRS, 17" staggered wheels and tires, mustang brakes, etc. I started a build thread with a bit more details on the order, although its bound to change a bit. We ordered a Blueprint 347 stroker / Tremec package. My BIL is still pushing for the 427 but that increased cost is on him lol. I'm getting my garage prepped as a first step by getting rid of junk, organizing tools, upgrading my lighting and access to electrical etc. I'm reading build threads and learning about the various mods and suppliers for optional parts. Yes, the current delivery delay is 8.5 months so plan ahead. Happily the deposits required to get into the queue for both engine ($2k) and kit ($1k) are reasonable and mostly refundable. Changes are freely allowed as well, at least for FFR. SO there was no reason to wait. We will get started building next fall/winter.
    I had not gotten far enough in the process to know what deposit was needed to get in the Q... completely agree that $1k is very reasonable for the kit. I lived in Canton for 10 years raising our kids but in Fall 2020 we moved up to the Mountains above Jasper. Maybe we can get together at some point once you get your kit. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    20220121_145509.jpg20220121_130555.jpg

My MK4 Roadster is now Complete, Titled, & Tagged (although still waiting on doorlatches)
    This is my 3rd FFR...
    It is a tribute to the Original 427 Standard Roadsters (Under Car Exhaust, No Roll Bar, No Hood Scoop)

Looks like I will be driving it in GelCoat for a while as my Body/Paint Guy has retired and the 3 shops I have visited so far are a year out on taking in any more projects.

I will be glad to share my experience with FFR Builds and would love to see others cars.
    2022 Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe 5.0 Coyote Gen 3/TKX - F5R1000404DC ... Finished 10/6/2023 ... SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Not in Georgia, but next door in SC. My MK4 kit is on order and I’m happy to see someone else with no hood scoop or rollbar and undercar exhaust. How much of a challenge was that? Mine will be a SBF with IRS, so I’m hoping it’s doable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robmccon View Post
    Not in Georgia, but next door in SC. My MK4 kit is on order and I’m happy to see someone else with no hood scoop or rollbar and undercar exhaust. How much of a challenge was that? Mine will be a SBF with IRS, so I’m hoping it’s doable!
    I have a Blueprint 347, Tremec TKX, and IRS.

Used JBA Shorty Headers with Spin Tech Mufflers and had a custom muffler fab the system.

You are welcome to come take a look just send me a PM

20. Likes John4337 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

22. Thanks Hoschton Hotrod Haus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!
    I just purchased a Cobra this weekend and need to get advice from owners who live in the emission counties around Atlanta (I’m in Gwinnett). It has a Florida title and is shown as a 2001 custom. Is this going to cause me a problem registering it in GA? From what I read on line it would seem they are going to want me to have converters but with the header/side pipe setup that isn’t possible without changing them out. Wanted to reach out and see what everyone else did and what I’m looking at.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    MP sent. I can help
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all. I'm moving from Clearwater, FL to Dallas, GA in January. We close on the house 1/4. I've been stalled on a Mk4 build and planning on ramping up my efforts after I get settled. I'd love to connect with some locals if anyone wants to meet up.

As an aside, I've been doing some research... Turns out I'll be in Paulding County, which is one of the emission-inspection counties in the Atlanta area that can be problematic for us FFR owners (wish I knew this ahead of time or I would've moved to Dahlonega instead ). To avoid ending up having to be stuck with a GA title for a 2023 Assembled from Parts car, I'm planning on getting my car titled in FL before I leave. Hopefully I'll walking away with a title for a 1965 FFR Cobra replica (as many here in FL have in the past). Unfortunately, things have gotten more complicated in FL this year. If I can't get this titled correctly in FL first, I could be rolling the dice and facing a potential nightmare in GA. Last thing I want is to be standing in front of a disgruntled public servant in the GA motor vehicles department who doesn't understand our cars, with only my FFR Certificate of Origin, praying I get lucky. If it ends up with a 2023 title, there will be a trip to one of Georgia's Independent Salvage Car Inspectors in my future, and real challenges trying to pass emissions/inspections.

Fingers crossed.
    Chris
    Mark IV Roadster #7679
    Coyote 5.0, T56, Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Torsen Diff, Wilwoods, Hydraboost, ABS Power Brakes, Power Steering, & tons more extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Old thread I know but same subject. I am in the Atlanta area (Decatur) and I too am looking for a roadster experience. I am retired x 2 and this may be my time. But, before I make the commitment of my time/ work and money I need to have a better idea that this would be the car for me. My car experience is wide and long….from hundreds of laps at road Atlanta with rotary engine cars to local drag strips with BBC. I have worked mostly on my own stuff.
    Is there anyone close by willing to take me for a ride or even possibly let me drive (with you in the car of course) a normal dealership type test drive? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    No offers? Ok, well at least thanks for having a forum like this. It does have a lot of good information.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 6”-2” and had to use the Kirkey race seats to keep from looking at the top of the windshield. Mounted the seats directly to the floor, and now look through the center of the windshield.

Roy

Post Thanks / Like
    Oldragger- I responded you by direct message about 2 weeks ago. I suspect.others did as well. Look at the top of this screen for a little number next to 'notifications' and click there to check ur inbox.
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    Mk4 Roadster complete kit Chassis F5R1010480RD
    Ordered Dec 2021, Delivered Sept 2022, First start Mar 2023
    Completed October 2023
    IRS, Wilwood, 17" wheels, Forte 427W/TKX/EdelbrockEFI

Post Thanks / Like
    I got it Alec and thank you…great suggestions. I responded to your PM.