FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why is no one talking about the really important stuff???

Post Thanks / Like

Why is no one talking about the really important stuff???

I am astonished that no one else has brought this up. On the webcast the camera poured allllll over the rolling chassis for a long time. Those Subaguru folks out there. What's being re-used from the WRX??? This is the first chance we have to start our donor parts list. I'll get us started.
    Engine - Yes
    Tranny - Yes
    Seats - They're there, but in their $12k kits FFR always inlcude custom seats. With upgrade available at an additonal cost of course. Let's get this list going. How much of that suspension and steering are stock, or are simply upgrades that are designed to be interchangeable with stock peices. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because the prototype chassis has been static for months. Also FFR has stated that it's under review, so the components so far shown can change.

I'm guessing that there is another Prototype chassis V2.0 under wraps somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AVIONX View Post
    I am astonished that no one else has brought this up. On the webcast the camera poured allllll over the rolling chassis for a long time. Those Subaguru folks out there. What's being re-used from the WRX??? This is the first chance we have to start our donor parts list. I'll get us started.
    Engine - Yes
    Tranny - Yes
    Seats - They're there, but in their $12k kits FFR always inlcude custom seats. With upgrade available at an additonal cost of course. Let's get this list going. How much of that suspension and steering are stock, or are simply upgrades that are designed to be interchangeable with stock peices. Thanks in advance.
    I don't follow. That roller has been public for months now. What does it showing up again on the webcast have to do with anything? It's not the first chance at all, nothing has changed with the roller since the first chassis release pics/open house. There's been plenty of talk about it. But the roller was incomplete, and as stated above, subject to change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then why don't I know what components are on it from the WRX? Sorry if I am missing it, but I would love to know what is used on there. For instance in the front they use what appears to be aftermarket parts at the top of the strut, but the bottom part looks OEM. Is it? If it is, it is highly unlikely they would move to a custom part at this point. The webcast also the first time I heard officially that the Koni coilovers are a direct fit replacement for the Stock WRX strut/spring. Is that the stock steering column? Steering Rack? I can't be the only one whos followed this thread weekly and doesn't know the answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would take anything you see there now with a grain of salt. A lot of that could easily change and until we have an official parts list I wouldn't go buying anything (unless its just a wrx lol)

You can see in the video that they are using the wrx steering wheel but I would be rather surprised if that ended up being the final steering wheel. First off I do not believe they would want to be seeing the Subaru logo on their vehicle. Second I think they would want to provide their own wheel (like in the gtm) due to air bags being in the steering wheel.

Depending on how long its going to be before the kit is officially released (I would imagine somewhere around February - March the earliest) we could see a lot of changes. Once everything is finalized I am sure FF will give us a parts list so that anyone who is planning on purchasing each part individually will be able to begin searching.

Post Thanks / Like
    A parts list from the donor will be given. ..when they know what it is. The car is still on development and the complete parts list (down to door hinges, etc) is still in flux. As it is, for parts like the hinges, finalizing the body must be done first. FFR will have a list for us when thy complete it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AVIONX View Post
    Then why don't I know what components are on it from the WRX?
    Probably because they don't want the perception that they 'changed' their minds too often, changed the list so many times. They know the list is going to change, so how much would it really help anyone to know what the list is now?

Not worth the perception that they are flip-flopping each time they change it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppenheimer View Post
    Probably because they don't want the perception that they 'changed' their minds too often, changed the list so many times. They know the list is going to change, so how much would it really help anyone to know what the list is now?

Not worth the perception that they are flip-flopping each time they change it.
    Y'all appear to be confused about what I am asking.

What I am asking....Those who know subarus to let us know what parts on the go-kart are from the donor.

What I am not asking...FFR to publish today a "Not included in the kit" parts list as I know they will do when it is appropriate.

If they don't formally publish a list, I would never accuse them of flip-flopping.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Subaru guys have posted all the obvious stuff a while ago. Free for the searching.