Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: E-Brake Boot

Post Thanks / Like

E-Brake Boot

I hesitate posting this because I really don't like doing these..........but with the recent purchase of a sewing machine, I have the capability of making these now.....as well as the pattern for the correct size and shape to cover the whole range of movement of the ebrake handle. The boot fits snug around the base of the ebrake handle and is bonded to an aluminum ring. The aluminum ring is .040" (same as the aluminum panels of the GTM kit)....the inside of the ring is the same dimensions/shape as the factory-cut ebrake opening that FFR cuts into the aluminum tunnel panel. This makes installation quick and easy.....with the ebrake handle already installed in the boot, turn boot partially inside-out, slide the handle onto ebrake lever, secure the handle with the donor screw, pull the boot ring down and tuck the top rear corner of the ring under the bottom edge of the dash flange, line the inside perimeter of the boot up with the hole in the tunnel panel, drill 1/8" holes at the corners and use some black rivets to secure the boot to the tunnel.

Option 1 is that you send me your donor ebrake handle and the material of your choice.....thinner, more flexible materials (typical vinyl upholstery, thin suede) work better than thicker, more rigid materials (heavy/thick leather). I would need one piece that is at least 12" x 13" for the boot and another piece that is at least 6" x 9" for the ring. That would run $125.

Option 2 is that I will buy some generic, black vinyl upholstery material similar to what FFR uses on the seats. That would run $150.

For the boot in the photo, I used some of the FFR suede that they shipped with the Gen I kits to cover the tunnel panels and tank covers.

20210713_152212.jpg
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane is not just a builder, he is also a tailor!

Hi Shane, I'm buying a GTM kit soon (optimistically in couple days). Will probably be ordering some stuff form you in the near future

Will keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygosuness View Post
    Shane is not just a builder, he is also a tailor!

Hi Shane, I'm buying a GTM kit soon (optimistically in couple days). Will probably be ordering some stuff form you in the near future

Will keep you posted.
    Sounds good. Good luck with the GTM kit purchase!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts