INTRO: Ok, time for another EV Project. After many years of my family talking about wanting to buy a Tesla, I finally convinced them to let me build one for them instead. I don't have enough time to do another ground-up build so I went the kit car route. Budget is the primary constraint on all projects but with significantly more budget on this project compared to others, I hope to cut a few corners as possible. I bought a 2002 WRX off of Facebook Marketplace a few months back for $1000 and completely stripped the car selling close to $5000 in parts from the car while keeping parts that I needed (A alot of that money was due to me not going with ICE). I bought the drive unit from a Tesla off of eBay making sure to avoid flooded and rear-ended crashes as they are usually severely damaged in such accidents and thus unusable. I will control the tesla motor with an Advantics VCU (due to Tesla OTA Updates and CAN IDs constantly changing, it is close to impossible to get one spinning with stock DSP logic by CAN Captures thus the board requires a reflash from a company that specializes in reverse engineering Tesla Drive units, Advantics.) I will use a Digital Dash from AEM and reprogram the DBC Files to read data from the Cars CAN bus. To make full power I will use 2 chevy spark EV 2016 batteries. These are LG Chem/ GM Gen 2 battery packs. They can make crazy power and also are safe to fast charge (Up to 50kw a piece). This means that I can safely charge 2 full packs using CHAdeMO a very easy standard to implement compared to CCS GreenPhy/PLC Nonsense. Charge (0-100%) times should be around 45mins with a 50kw DC fast charging.

UPDATES: I will update the google photos album and my Youtube but I will also try to do little writeps on my progress here in case people want to do a similar build.

CURRENT CHALLENGE: As of now, I am working on modifying the frame to fit the Tesla Drive Unit. The motor makes a ridiculous amount of power for its size so I'm overdesigning the mounting points everywhere I can.

Basic Specs:

FFR 818C + 2002 WRX Donor
Tesla LDU Sport 2014 (1200a IGBT power stages making around 636hp)
Advantics VCU
AEM CD5 Digital Dash
2x LG Chem - Chevy Spark EV 2016 Battery pack 36kwh around 150 miles of range
CHAdeMO + J1772 Charge support
2x Lear 3.3kw OBCs Gen 2
Delphi 2.2kw Bidirectional DC/DC Converter
Orion BMS V1

Projected weight: 2100 lbs

Google Photos Album:https://photos.app.goo.gl/akbdh1tJnDSf5RMD9

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY0...qAJ0CHL2w4W53Q

Any questions/comments/suggestions are welcome as always!