Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tesla P85 Powered 818C

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE

I got a really really overkill pre-charge setup that measures voltage rise time on the dc link caps and only closes contactors when the voltage differentials past the contactors are acceptable. I also am able to directly control the tesla motor to change drive modes and also am working on emulating the entire car to control things such a "range mode" and "ludicrous mode" I think I know enough now to control the entirety of the cars drive system.

Im currently working on making another wiring harness to integrate the VCU in the car.

2. Likes Bob_n_Cincy, dlud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE (Big one)

The car is working! (I still need to polish up the code running the charger in the car (a lot of it is not based on ISRs so it's a basic loop that is definitely janky))

The car drives, stops, regens, and charges (only AC charging up to 10kw)

I'm going to shift my attention over to starting to add body panels to the car since most of the basic functions of the car work.

Here is a picture of it as of now. I redid the entire wiring harness in the car. Progress has been a little slow due to school but I'm still moving forward little by little every day!

IMG_5079.jpg

4. Thanks jmauld thanked for this post
    Likes mikeb75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE

I've fallen off the deep end with all these embedded systems but I figured it would be worth sharing my latest creation for the car. It's a custom ECU and custom HV precharger

These little PCBs have taken me way more time than I want to admit to design and layout but don't worry I'm still working on the car!

I'm a bit of a rookie in the electrical engineering space so the time to completion on all of this is very TBD.

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg
    Last edited by kimchikimkim; 03-08-2023 at 03:19 PM.

6. Likes Bob_n_Cincy, aquillen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE

Don't worry guys I'm still at it!

I just recently started a company so that has been taking up a bunch of time but I still am working on the car!

Everything is working and it just needs some glass to seal it up. I think after I button it up I'm going to sell it! I love learning through building and this project is about finished so its time to take on another challenge. If anyone is interested feel free to pm me!

Here is a picture of where I am right now.

IMG_6324.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123