Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: What did you do on your GTM today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Michael thanks for the huge props, but don't forget to give yourself a gargantuan load of praise too.

It was your vision that we executed, and you took a big chance with a total stranger, and invited him along, on a fantastic journey, which I will never forget.

My take on yesterday’s ride……..WOW!!!!

Michael’s car runs, handles, stops, turns, fantastic. After getting used to being just inches off the ground, seeing ordinary, run of the mill, regular cars looking like SUV’s, this baby wants to run, and she runs great.

Remember this is only its first run down the highway, and I think its fourth time out of the garage to hit the streets, I like to call this type of driving, shakedown runs.

With that being said, Michael’s GTM 327, tracks straight as an arrow, with not a hint of drifting from lane to lane, no shakes, shimming, wobbling, twitching feeling, air leaks around the windows, oil, water leaks, and best of all nothing getting loose and falling off (Yes I know that Michael has said that already, but I think it can't be said enough, Lol). I think without any doubts that number 327 is ready to rock and roll. And by the looks, thumbs up, and pictures that passing cars were doing she’s a rock star of the highway.

So too all you builders that are out there slaving away in your garage, might be getting build fatigue, saving up money for the future, or sitting on the fence, Michael and GTM 327 is proof positive that, yes you can do it, and the forum members are really here for you, to help out, to make your dream possible.

Thanks Michael

Ron

P.S. I think I’m missing 327 already
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Being in the cold, white North of Canada I thought it would be a good idea to check the freeze point of the coolant. I'm good down to about -25'C
    according to that ever-accurate antifreeze gauge. Just for good measure I added more coolant, and ran the pump for about a minute.

Don't forget to winterize your car if you haven't already!
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukn4trbl View Post
    Don't forget to winterize your car if you haven't already!
    Did that last week.

Yep, made sure the windshield wiper worked!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I have finished upgrading and painting my transaxle then managed to install it without scratching the hell out of it :-)
    Headers and turbo's being tweaked and reassembled ready for installation for the last time.
    Should have it all back together and running in a couple of weeks.
    Final assembly is almost as stressful as the original mock-up but without the question of if the combination will actually work. I am more of a functional kinda guy so this process of keeping things nice and scratch free is new territory for me.
    After a few shakedown runs and another track day it will be time to clean up the body a little more than start chipping away at the interior.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    She's pretty!
    Glad to see you're getting some time in with the car. What material is that intake made of?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Taz
    Intake is ally that has been powder coated in black wrinkle finish, (actually did not turn out very well due to the mass of the unit)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    She's pretty!
    Glad to see you're getting some time in with the car. What material is that intake made of?
    Cheers,
    Dave

2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_2990.JPGIMG_2981.JPGIMG_2994.JPG
    These are the last cut outs before it goes to paint. I have to put in side marker lights, I have picked these from Aston Martin. The size are 2 cm x 18 cm. The wide one is from the C5 Corvette. I cut a template out of aluminum to trace on the body.
    Last edited by Edgeman; 12-02-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    GTM #370
    Car was completed and I have SOLD my car
    http://edgemansgtm.weebly.com/index.html
    Doing what you like is freedom - liking what you do is happiness
    later,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_3003.JPGIMG_3002.JPG

Today I cut out the side marker holes.
    GTM #370
    later,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like

New Tags!

Finally got my personalized tags. Woo Hoo!

-Michael

DSC02845.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Started the car back up yesterday.
    Everything works great. Oil pressure up where I am comfortable seeing it.
    Still playing with the exhaust tips to get both the length and position correct. Lots of test fitting.
    The new cam makes a big difference with the engine throttle response a lot crisper that the original set up.
    Time to button this thing back up and go and have some fun.

http://youtu.be/oBBYb07EWcU
    Cheers,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    After beefing up the engine and transaxle along with feeling like I put the local anodizer and powder coater's kids through college the car is back on the road this weekend.
    While the mechanicals are tight the body work is pure function for now. Paint job and interior budget is being finalized but Texas registration then lots of track days and road miles over the next year is the current focus. I want to be able to have fun with the car for awhile without the stress of cosmetic damage.
    I still need to install the plexiglass hatch window but you can see how I have addressed the engine bay heating concerns made worse by a pair of turbos.
    Off to the tuners on Thursday and I am expecting a civil 600-650rwhp @ under 10psi.
    I will be building on the handling and performance of the car while chipping away at things like the AC system and other mods.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser D View Post
    After beefing up the engine and transaxle along with feeling like I put the local anodizer and powder coater's kids through college the car is back on the road this weekend.
    While the mechanicals are tight the body work is pure function for now. Paint job and interior budget is being finalized but Texas registration then lots of track days and road miles over the next year is the current focus. I want to be able to have fun with the car for awhile without the stress of cosmetic damage.
    I still need to install the plexiglass hatch window but you can see how I have addressed the engine bay heating concerns made worse by a pair of turbos.
    Off to the tuners on Thursday and I am expecting a civil 600-650rwhp @ under 10psi.
    I will be building on the handling and performance of the car while chipping away at things like the AC system and other mods.
    Looks awesome Dave! Don't forget. We need lots of track video.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kabacj View Post
    Looks awesome Dave! Don't forget. We need lots of track video.

John
    You bet.
    I promise to get some laps on a dry track and get out of 3rd gear more often :-)
    Cheers,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser D View Post
    Dave,

Very nice.
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dave,

Looking good!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    very cool dave. looking forward to the vids as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice Dave

Ron

near the lil podunk town of Milano (about a hour northeast of Austin) {middle of NOWHERE}
    Post Thanks / Like
    wooooooohoooooooo....
    I was working in Conroe today & Dave (FraserD) offered to let me come over & check out his twin turbo GTM.. so after I finished up with my project I drove on over.... I really like what he's done with the split radiator & nose mods... he just put the motor back together with turbo friendly parts & has not been to the tuner yet so it would not idle ... well after a bit of me snooping around under the hood & hatch, crawling around with my nose stuck under the body & a few questions he offered to take me for a spin.... GOTTA LOVE tons of HP with almost NO weight to push... his rev limiter was set at like 6000... first gear is mostly non-existant... second gear was gone in something short of a heart-beat... third ate 110 in a few seconds... BUT.... it appears there was a bit of air trapped in the heads so it started puking water/steam... we hit the next drive (which happened to be a Wal-Mart)... while Dave went in to get some water, I stayed with the car... several folks stopped to ask "WOW, what kind of car is THAT???" we got it going & headed back towards his house... shortly it was puking & steaming again, we whipped into the entrance of a gated sub-division to top it off again... while we were waiting for it to cool enough to add the water, a few more "cool car" stops & a guy walking over asking to take some pics.... Dave kept telling me he was sorry about it... (I guess he didn't see the ear to ear grin I was wearing)... I just hope he didn't get too much flack from his lovely wife for taking me out on a joy ride & being gone so long...
    Dave ... THANKS AGAIN... Like I warned you, once my mason jar build fund is completed... I WILL be pestering you for insights & ideas....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugly_Old_Cowboy View Post
    wooooooohoooooooo....
    I was working in Conroe today & Dave (FraserD) offered to let me come over & check out his twin turbo GTM.. so after I finished up with my project I drove on over.... I really like what he's done with the split radiator & nose mods... he just put the motor back together with turbo friendly parts & has not been to the tuner yet so it would not idle ... well after a bit of me snooping around under the hood & hatch, crawling around with my nose stuck under the body & a few questions he offered to take me for a spin.... GOTTA LOVE tons of HP with almost NO weight to push... his rev limiter was set at like 6000... first gear is mostly non-existant... second gear was gone in something short of a heart-beat... third ate 110 in a few seconds... BUT.... it appears there was a bit of air trapped in the heads so it started puking water/steam... we hit the next drive (which happened to be a Wal-Mart)... while Dave went in to get some water, I stayed with the car... several folks stopped to ask "WOW, what kind of car is THAT???" we got it going & headed back towards his house... shortly it was puking & steaming again, we whipped into the entrance of a gated sub-division to top it off again... while we were waiting for it to cool enough to add the water, a few more "cool car" stops & a guy walking over asking to take some pics.... Dave kept telling me he was sorry about it... (I guess he didn't see the ear to ear grin I was wearing)... I just hope he didn't get too much flack from his lovely wife for taking me out on a joy ride & being gone so long...
    Dave ... THANKS AGAIN... Like I warned you, once my mason jar build fund is completed... I WILL be pestering you for insights & ideas....
    JT,
    It was a pleasure meeting you and I am glad that I was able to share what I have done so far with my car.
    The next time that you are in town let me know and I should have the rebuild bugs taken care of.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys, the first track day that my schedule allows is the first week in June back at MSR.
    I will be trying to squeeze something in before then if the opportunity presents itself.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering, do you have a header tank installed?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Just wondering, do you have a header tank installed?
    Mike,
    Yes I do just did not get the system hot enough to get a good circulation and purge during my run up the street on Staurday.
    The system worked great before I stripped the drive train out for this rebuild.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it usually does take a couple of heat cycles to get all the air out. You should be able to do it pretty easily in the shop with just enough warming to open the thermostat. Remember to also open the heater core circuit or air can become trapped in their as well...unless the heater circuit is not in yet, of course.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Dropped my car off at World of Wheels in Boston tonight. The show officially starts tomorrow, but I got a sneak peek. Lots of very cool cars. The Sponsor of the show (Town Fair Tire) has my car in their booth, not registered as a show car so no possibilities of awards but truthfully the competition is very high this year. I have gone to this show for the past 10 years and as a kid some 30 years ago, this show is better then any of their shows since I can remember. I have been fortunate enough to go to SEMA the past several years and I recognized 5 SEMA cars from last years SEMA show that are here in Boston for the World of Wheels. Here are a few pic I took with the iphone before I left for the night.
    Last edited by Kalstar; 03-27-2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalstar View Post
    Dropped my car off at World of Wheels in Boston tonight. The show officially starts tomorrow, but I got a sneak peek. Lots of very cool cars. The Sponsor of the show (Town Fair Tire) has my car in their booth, not registered as a show car so no possibilities of awards but truthfully the competition is very high this year. I have gone to this show for the past 10 years and as a kid some 30 years ago, this show is better then any of their shows since I can remember. I have been fortunate enough to go to SEMA the past several years and I recognized 5 SEMA cars from last years SEMA show that are here in Boston for the World of Wheels. Here are a few pic I took with the iphone before I left for the night.
    The car looks awesome under the lights Jim. I am looking forward to seeing the car in person at the open house.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats,

Sweet looking ride youi have there Jim

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Jim!!!! Can't wait to see it in person.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx John, Ron and Hugo. Hopefully all 4 of us will be at the open house this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kalstar I think you have the best interior out there! That dash is perfect! Not overly done and not to little!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your car will be a hit no matter where it is. But the World of Wheels draws the kind of people who will admire it the most.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx guys. The 818 is next (picked up the kit last October) this time around there will be no budget.

Steve, how's your new GTM coming?

I too love how the interior came out, Taz helped quite a lot with putting ideas into motion. I have seen some damn nice interiors go into GTMs and I feel mine definitely holds it's own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I'm just waiting on a motor.

But to tell the truth I have not had much time since Thanksgiving to work on it. I'm still working on the passenger window frame molds. But spring fever is starting to hit pretty hard. So I'm thinking a couple days of vacation time might get me back into the swing of things. I was just thinking last night "I should put the headlights together or something".

Thx guys. The 818 is next (picked up the kit last October) this time around there will be no budget.

Steve, how's your new GTM coming?

I too love how the interior came out, Taz helped quite a lot with putting ideas into motion. I have seen some damn nice interiors go into GTMs and I feel mine definitely holds it's own.

Post Thanks / Like
    This came in the mail the other day and temporary installed to get a picture. Thanks again to Shane at VRaptor speed works. I think I seen this in one of Kalstars photos and really like it.

IMG_3030.JPG IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3032.JPG
    GTM #370
    later,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    This came in the mail the other day and temporary installed to get a picture. Thanks again to Shane at VRaptor speed works. I think I seen this in one of Kalstars photos and really like it.

IMG_3030.JPG IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3032.JPG
    And I first saw it on Joe Mush's car and loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on some tubular A arms for up front to adjust the coilover mounting point. I built a jig, turned some tubing to take poly bushings, made up some paper templates for the tubing notching, plasma cut the tubes, and started fitting them for the final weld up:
    Last edited by KeithBoden; 04-19-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Much lighter, and stronger too I'm betting?
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Completed the bezel for the ISIS. I used hydrographic carbon fiber to finish it off. This was my third attempt one small flaw at the bottom. I am going to clear it and see what it looks like.

IMG_3043.JPGIMG_3044.JPGIMG_3045.JPG
    GTM #370
    later,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Doug.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good, I'm going to do some hydro dipping also, cool stuff.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast