FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 33HR bicycle fenders

Post Thanks / Like

33HR bicycle fenders

Anyone know if FFR still makes the bicycle fenders available that are not carbon fiber? Nothing is listed in their parts section other than the carbon fiber. Since these are going to be painted, I hate to spend the extra $$$ for carbon fiber.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that they don't as the cost difference wasn't enough to justify carrying both.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to order them and was told exactly that. So I will make my own front fenders for a lot less. Ideas I have kicked around is use some reproduction rear fiberglass fenders from an old truck and alter them. Another is to just use some metal trailer fenders. Or just make a mold out of wood and lay fiberglass. Lot of examples of people making motorcycle fenders out there.
    Since it will be quite a while before I even get the kit, my first step is hit a bunch of swap meets in the spring and see what pops up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff33Ford View Post
    I wanted to order them and was told exactly that. So I will make my own front fenders for a lot less. Ideas I have kicked around is use some reproduction rear fiberglass fenders from an old truck and alter them. Another is to just use some metal trailer fenders. Or just make a mold out of wood and lay fiberglass. Lot of examples of people making motorcycle fenders out there.
    Since it will be quite a while before I even get the kit, my first step is hit a bunch of swap meets in the spring and see what pops up.
    Speedway Motors and some other places sell bike fenders for hot rods that may work too.

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget that Dan Ruth (Innovative Rodding) has a high quality fender set for the hot rod.

https://www.innovativerodding.com/parts-services-2018/

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Don't forget that Dan Ruth (Innovative Rodding) has a high quality fender set for the hot rod.

https://www.innovativerodding.com/parts-services-2018/

Steve
    I see Fenders but not bicycle fenders, at least on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by 33fromSD View Post
    Speedway Motors and some other places sell bike fenders for hot rods that may work too.

Jim
    Maybe I am not searching correctly but I cannot find any that could be used. Some kind of look like the right type but are too narrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Front fenders are not such an issue to modify from whats available, but rear fenders need to be fabricated to fit the body along with the front mounting brackets. Seems to me the original glass fenders from FFR started at around $600/set but now are double in the carbon fiber material.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see Fenders but not bicycle fenders, at least on their site.
    I believe he has the bicycle fenders too, give him a call, very helpful guy
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone is interested, I have a set of FFR front fenders and running boards for the Gen 1 '33. I used parts from another vendor, so the FFR stuff is just collecting dust in my garage. PM me if interested and we'll work something out.
    Keith HR #894

10. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a spare set of fenders......Front, running boards and rear.......unfortunately, the bike fenders went with car......I think the rear fenders are the same.....Call me if interested Silversnake.....607423-1608

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a full fender set, fboth front fenders, both running boards, and both rear fenders.........could you modify these to work? All painted (high quality work) gloss black.....call me, Bobtail Builder...........607 423-1608 ...located in NY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like lots of full fenders available but nobody has the bicycle fenders. I couldn't find any bicycle fenders on the Ruth website but I will give them a call. I wasn't going to run any fenders at all but after driving through a couple of puddles and finally getting hit in the cheek by a thrown rock I've changed my mind.

14. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bike fenders

I think Dan Ruth might still be selling his versions of the bike fenders; sheet metal fronts
    And glass rears. Check out innovativerodding.com
    Good luck

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't find what you need, consider fabricating some custom bike fenders. It's not that difficult and if you can't weld, there are shops out there that can handle that for you. I couldn't find store-bought fenders when I went with skinny front runners so I cut up a Harley rear fender to make a pair.

Front Street Tires.jpg
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

17. Likes HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the bike fenders that are carbon fiber. So with the finish of the carbon fiber bike fenders I am not painting them. They look absolutely flawless. However, you could paint them. But who paints over show quality carbon fiber LOL

19. Likes shmelty liked this post