Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Donor for GTM?

Post Thanks / Like

Donor for GTM?

I've read only a bit on here about donors for the GTM. Any advantages or disadvantages to getting a ZO6 C5 (say 2003) vs a regular C5? Also, is finding a 6spd essential, or would an auto work just as easily?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Z06 gets better brakes as well as more horsepower. Pretty sure all the suspensions stuff is the same. Auto or manual it doesnt matter because your not using it anyways. No such thing as an Auto Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    From what i have been told, the C5 Z06 only gets an LS6 and wider rims. Brakes are exactly the same as the standard C5, only the calipers are painted red. If you are planing to work your engine, then its probably not worth getting a Z06...

Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    I think the Z06 gets better brakes as well as more horsepower. Pretty sure all the suspensions stuff is the same. Auto or manual it doesnt matter because your not using it anyways. No such thing as an Auto Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    C5 Z06 has higher horsepower (cam, heads and intake as well as higher red line), different shocks, bigger brakes and a bit different gear ratio in the tranny as well as wider tires. Go for the Z06 if you can afford it.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Z06, not worth the extra cash IMO. A cam in the ls1 will be higher hp then a stock ls6. Stock brakes are more than enough, but if you want more, use 4 fronts.

Best of luck which ever the way you go.