Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Freight costs to SoCal

Post Thanks / Like

Freight costs to SoCal

Has anyone recently had a kit delivered to LA ? I was wondering roughly what the cost was for delivery?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by 7ish; 12-19-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather not say the last number I heard because it was dependent on three (3) people getting kits delivered in the same area on the same day. Just to be sure you know, Stewart Transport is the most trusted company, as they will have a special dolly to roll your kit into the garage.

Stewart Transport recently brokered for me a shipment of a large SUV from SoCal to the east end of Long Island, New York and it cost $1,300. This was on a car carrier and not an enclosed trailer. The SUV was insured for $90,000 and that was part of the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rather than have us take guesses or tell you what it cost 5 years ago if you just go to Stewart’s website and provide your info they will give you a current quote.

Jeff

4. Likes David Hodgkins, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info... I am in new zealand, so the freight cost to LA was to a freight forwarder's warehouse, awaiting a ship to NZ.

I haven't heard back from Stewart, but some other companies have quoted US$3900 to LA. Another option was shipping from NY.

Post Thanks / Like
    NZ changes everything because it means that it'll have to be crated. Stewart specializes in transporting uncrated kits however they may be able to arrange or assist with shipping a crate.

Jeff

7. Likes FF33rod liked this post