Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AT LAST! First Mendeola Production Transaxles Ship

Post Thanks / Like
    it's on ebay now

Post Thanks / Like
    So I was checking out the pics of with the configuration of the exhaust cats relative to the gearbox differential carrier. Does the Mendeola have provisions for external oil cooling at all? It would seem like with the cats right there, they would tend to bleed quite a bit of heat into that area, which may be detrimental to the overall durability of the gearbox oil and possibly the gearbox internals, overall. Just a thought.

Erik Johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@GBox View Post
    So I was checking out the pics of with the configuration of the exhaust cats relative to the gearbox differential carrier. Does the Mendeola have provisions for external oil cooling at all? It would seem like with the cats right there, they would tend to bleed quite a bit of heat into that area, which may be detrimental to the overall durability of the gearbox oil and possibly the gearbox internals, overall. Just a thought.

Erik Johnson
    The Mendeola boxes have the option to use an internal gear type pump,(the housing for which can be seen at the rear of the box) or you can simply use the pickup port for that pump to feed an external electric pump. Again, the internals, as well as the case design is so much larger and designed specifically to get rid of heat that for many street driven GTMs a cooling/lubricating system probably is not needed. I would put one on, but I'm pretty hard on my cars when I get them to the track.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@GBox View Post

Erik Johnson
    Hey Eric,
    Yes, we are concerned about the proximity of the exhaust as well.
    We realize the supplied exhaust systems were designed for the Porsche boxes.
    The talk of a new exhaust to support the Mendeola configuration is still in mind, but I would like to get some input as to current units temperatures during running.
    I have provisions in the gearbox for a temperature sensor so monitoring of the gearbox is possible.
    I request to those that run any gearbox in the mid-engine configuration/closed compartment use gauges and sensors to know what levels of heat that are being absorbed in the engine bay.
    We have ports on the SDR for external oil cool & pump.
    The hardest part of the GTM configuration is the real estate to put a cooler & pump/filter.
    For those I have talked to about this, they know I tell them to make the provisions for the assessors mounts during the build now rather then later.
    This is whether they will use them or not.
    If any one has concerns or questions please feel free to call us.
    619-710-8800 ext.109

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ian,

I did put in a temp. sensor on my transaxle. I will give you some feed back once I really hit the road.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendeola Transaxles View Post
    I have provisions in the gearbox for a temperature sensor so monitoring of the gearbox is possible.
    Hi Ian, as we discussed I am installing an oil cooler with my mendiola. My car will see lots of track time. What oil temperature should I target? I plan to have one sender turn on the electric oil pump and a second turn on the fan.

Thanks.

John
    Last edited by kabacj; 05-16-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it is different for the SDR, but Mendeola recommends 220 as the correct max temp on our S5.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Will Mendeola ever come out with a 6 speed version of the transaxle? Also can you install the Brandwood (sp) cable shifter on them? I am still in the early homework stages of a possible GTM build and want to see what all my options are.

Hello! I am the new forumite btw!

P

Post Thanks / Like
    FF5 has a cable shifter for the 5-speed mendeola.
    Leonard

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have pics of the oil cooler mounted? If not, does anyone have any insight in mounting the oil cooler with the Kooks exhaust?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mush View Post
    Hi Ian,

I did put in a temp. sensor on my transaxle. I will give you some feed back once I really hit the road.

Joe
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kabacj View Post
    Hi Ian, as we discussed I am installing an oil cooler with my mendiola. My car will see lots of track time. What oil temperature should I target? I plan to have one sender turn on the electric oil pump and a second turn on the fan.

Thanks.

John
    John,
    190-200 for pump to turn on and start to circulate.
    210-215 for fan to start pulling threw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by narkosys View Post
    Will Mendeola ever come out with a 6 speed version of the transaxle? Also can you install the Brandwood (sp) cable shifter on them? I am still in the early homework stages of a possible GTM build and want to see what all my options are.

Hello! I am the new forumite btw!

P
    The engineering has been done for some time now. We are waiting for customer base to dictate the need for a 6 speed version.
    At current like Leonard stated FF5 has a set up that comes with the kit for the Mendeola.
    I do know Brandwood/Cable shift is working on a unit as well.
    Feel free to call us I love talking builds-619-710-8800 ext.109

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    6 speed 6 speed 6speed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the answers. Like I mentioned I am still in the early homework (read: obsession) stage and am hoping to order a manual soon and the kit within the year. I am very much looking forward to building the GTM.

P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123