Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tech questions for possible build

Post Thanks / Like

Tech questions for possible build

I want to build a 289 USRRC. I have a 1998 SVT Cobra 32V Mustang I could use for a donor car. Is that engine too wide?
    I also have a mid 80s GT1/TransAm Mustang I could rob for the drivetrain. Is there room for a 351 Cleveland? It has a TKO600 trans that has been converted to a dog box and 10" Speedway Engineering quick change - is there room for that? I'll have to send it to SE to narrow and get new axles. I don't think the 8.8 would live up to 650+ hp.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if it's possible for the motor to fit but sure wouldn't want to deal with the hassle. Unless doing a lot of drag strip duty on slicks I'd rather risk breaking an 8.8 (more than once) than the hassle and expense of fitting the quick change. Not enough car weight to break the 8.8 no matter how much hp you have on the street or road course. The Cleveland would be sweet and unusual.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cleveland would probably be easiest - hopefully registerable in CA on an SB100 waiver. The Factory 5 is only about 350 lbs lighter and the engine did have enough power to break an axle with a locker and 12" GoodYear slicks in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you used the 351C you would probably be on your own for headers. Aftermarket companies specializing in Factory Five can probably set you up with headers for the 351C.
    The 289 car is a Mark 4, with a different body. The mark 4 fits a Coyote 5.0. So it's conceivable it would fit. No guarantees. Call Factory Five.
    You would get more HP and be on a road more traveled if you just picked up a junkyard coyote.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The link shown below is a fraudulent website because this car was sold on Ebay back in 2013 out of Hattiesburg Mississippi.
    The data on this website was extracted from Ebay so I can attest that though the ad is fake, though the car is real.
    It had the 32-V Supercharged Engine and I got a chance to ride in and drive it before it sold.

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=52191&country=us

It was a spectacular build, but one of the scariest cars I've ever been in.
    The builder had to notch the 4" round tube cross member to clear the pulley for the supercharger belt pulley.
    It was the car that made me decide to build The Redbone Roadster because it was so well done that I had to build my dream.

NOTE:..Hattiesburg is about 100 miles North of Slidell Louisiana.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-05-2022 at 03:45 PM.