Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ford Control Pack Information/Help

Post Thanks / Like

Ford Control Pack Information/Help

Hoping to get some help on some details on a Gen 2 Coyote control pack (Manual Transmission). I don't have access to a control pack.

If someone has access to the control pack wiring (uninstalled control pack or easy access to the wiring) I'd like to ask for some help on tracing where some of the wires plug into PCM.

The three wires I am trying to trace from the Control Pack connector (C160B) to the PCM connectors (C175B/E) are underlined in yellow below. Start - Light Blue, Ignition - Light Green and Green - Fuel Pump
    The fuel pump wire will go through a relay before continuing on to the PCM. The others I think also go through a relay or fuse.

C160B Pins

Here are the two connectors on the control pack that go to the PCM

C175B

C175E

Thank you in advance for any help offered!!
    Last edited by juddster; 03-08-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fuel Pump Relay, controlled by pin 14 C175B, negative signal. Starter Motor Request, pin 42 C175B positive signal. Ignition Relay Trigger, coil of ignition relay, positive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkymark View Post
    Fuel Pump Relay, controlled by pin 14 C175B, negative signal. Starter Motor Request, pin 42 C175B positive signal. Ignition Relay Trigger, coil of ignition relay, positive.
    Thanks Sparkymark!

Post Thanks / Like
    Juddster, The c160b, aka pigtail, is the main integration point with the Ron Francis harness. That is, of course, if you're using the RF harness.

There are a lot of questions that arise in my mind, based on what you wrote in your initial post.
    1. what do you have for a coyote wiring harness? Is this the control pack from the factory, or is this something that you harvested from a donor vehicle?
    2. have you obtained (or sought) the instruction sheet from ford? do an online search for "IS-1850-0519" that will answer many questions.
    3. while the three wires you mention are important, there are other connections you'll want to make - i.e. integration points. A good source of information is any of a number of build threads by any of the coyote gang.

That said, fuel pump relay out integrates with the brown fuel pump wire in the rf harness. let the pcm control the pump. light blue goes to blue efi/crank wire in rf harness. the light green wire goes to the rf harness orange efi/coil wire. hope this helps.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. It does.