BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tuner info and help

Post Thanks / Like

Tuner info and help

Need some information and advice. I am installing a Gen 2 Coyote in my daughters Mustang. I have found that there is a lot of good information here. Once this car is done I want to build a 65 coupe for myself. I am getting close to first fire up of the engine. I have Dakota Digital gauges purchased and not in the car yet. Before I install them I was thinking to buy a tuner that will let me see real time gauges from the ecu. Temp, pressure etc. Which tuner would be best for this? Is there a hand held tuner that does this? I will need fine tuning once all is done also and who would you recommend? Thanks in advance for any info and help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with HP tuners, you could buy credits and do a custom tune on the current Gen2 and tune the coyote in the Daytona with the same device. Also allows you to monitor and make changes to the tune or have an experienced tuner send you updates.

Post Thanks / Like
    A little bit two different questions. If you just want to see the data stream from the ODB2 port, lots of scanners offer that capability. Look for one that says will report live data. As far as getting the Coyote tuned, multiple options there too. I'd first look for a local tuner. Lots of places can work with a Mustang. There is also the remote option. I've used Lund Racing several times for Gen 2 and Gen 3 Coyotes. But you're looking at north of $1000 including the tuning device. They do a great job but not inexpensive. There are other remote tuners, but Lund is the only one I've used and can personally speak to.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I plan to find a local tuner when done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest you look into Lund and your local tuner regarding which device they use. You would not want to buy on your own and then find out it is not the brand used by remote or local tuners. You don't want to buy twice.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.