FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: How long to get your Canadian kit?

Post Thanks / Like

How long to get your Canadian kit?

Hi guys,

I’m here in Vancouver BC and I bought an 818 kit. I also had to buy the “Canadian” kit (80761) which I bought from Valins custom cars in Ontario back in September 13th. Back then I said it might be easier to get it shipped to my door so I did not have to cross the border to pick it up with all the annoying issues with Covid. Of course now crossing the border is back to normal🙄 lol.

It’s been almost 7 months and I have yet to receive it. I have asked Ryan and he did respond once that he would find out, never heard back. How long have you guys had to wait to get those kits? I am actually now being held up by not having the pieces. 🙁

2. Likes EK1965 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaltal,

I feel for you.
    Did you try get in touch with the factory?
    Back when I bought my stuff Valin was super to deal with.
    But that was pre-covid.
    Get back to him.
    Good luck!

Francois

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey another builder from Alberta here. Roadster kit.

I bought my completion kit through Ryan as well in September and I have received just over half of my order list.

I have been in contact with several other people who ordered completion parts through Valins after me, that are just now receiving some of the missing/back ordered parts that were not shipped in my initial order (irs rear diff parts for example).

I believe FFR is probably just holding my order back to try and complete the POL list and minimize on shipping.

Frustrating but it’s out of my control and Ryan has been great answering all my questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quicker and cheaper to just track down the completion parts yourself.

Get your front upper/lower control arms from Gordon Levy while he has them in stock. A bit more expensive but worth the price paid.
    Run sn95 spindles, they can be found on kijiji.
    10 years after my roadster build....
    289 FIA (pickup 28/08/20 if covid permits)
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Well I don’t mind the wait, I just wish someone would tell me what was going on. I have just received silence to my inquiries, little annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been involved with Factory Five for 10 years, just starting my second kit.

Covid slowed down the process but it's all coming.

I am still missing items from my POL list. They trickle in, and I'm fine with that. I wish I could have told Dave to save the shipping and send me everything at once 12 months out rather than pay for the 3 shipments I've received this far. There should be a checkbox we can click for that.
    I consider myself an FFRer. I am a huge fan of Dave and what he has built for us to enjoy, it's not just a collection of kit cars, it's a club that we have joined and has welcomed us.
    10 years after my roadster build....
    289 FIA (pickup 28/08/20 if covid permits)
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.

8. Likes UpNorth liked this post