Quote Originally Posted by John Ibele View Post
Hey Matt, saw your associated thread and responses. Good to post, and good feedback received. It's a typical hump to get over with the first panel or two. A recurring theme through the build is questions like these ... is it 'typical', or is there something off with what FFR sent me? You'll get dialed in pretty quickly. If something needs minor tweaking (and this one was fairly minor, actually), I'd typically have at it. But if anything was off in a major way, in retrospect ... it was me that was off, not any of the parts.

As for raised welds keeping aluminum from sitting flush: I would hit the aluminum over the weld with a rubber hammer, and with one or two blows have a panel which fit around the weld perfectly. Could always grind down the weld and recoat it for protection from rust, but the way I used was quick, easy, and turned in a perfectly acceptable result (which wouldn't been seen in the end anyway).
Hey John thanks for the reply. Wish I had seen this earlier this week. Yeah I did a little trimming and I'm decently happy with the fitting.