Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 perforated metal grill

Post Thanks / Like

818 perforated metal grill

Anyone have a source for the perforated metal FFR supplies for the various grills/openings? The uncompleted kit I bought has some missing pieces plus I have added some extra openings and I'd like to match. Searched lots of suppliers but can't find one that matches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    Anyone have a source for the perforated metal FFR supplies for the various grills/openings? The uncompleted kit I bought has some missing pieces plus I have added some extra openings and I'd like to match. Searched lots of suppliers but can't find one that matches.
    If you can’t find it, I have all the pieces they supplied. I used a honeycomb style instead so I don’t need it. It’s all yours if it helps

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't plan on using a lot of the supplied mesh that came with my kit. I would be open to sell/ship them to you if you want. I do not know who the supplier is though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you looked at McMaster-Carr? They have all sorts of perforated metal options:

https://www.mcmaster.com/perforated-metal/
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    I also have many of those parts. Free for pickup.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went with customcargrille.com they have the hexagon grille like a lambo
    looks nice OEM look. these pics are not the greatest

20210503_191526.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]120160904_164629.jpg20210503_191526.jpg65997[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    IDF and Helix -- I'll be in touch. I have the Gen 2 nose and I'm looking for pieces to fill the grill and also a coupl of other small areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to be aware of with the perforated metal is the air resistance. Too small of a perforation will block a lot of air flow. I’ve always tried to find perforations that were about 50% of the surface area. Of course, the connecting material will be weaker with larger perforations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lance, I've thought about that, primarially for the front grill to let air into the radiator and probably out through the hood. Thinking about getting the hood louvers to improve the air flow. I know lots of cars have no problem with engine cooling but my thoughts are by increasing the air flow through there should make the drivers compartment cooler.

Post Thanks / Like
    ducting the radiator air out through the hood is critical to keeping the passenger compartment cool. There have been quite a few posts on building a fully enclosed duct around the radiator out the hood.