Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: fuel filler cap

Post Thanks / Like

fuel filler cap

Picking up my stage 1 kit in a couple weeks or so and I've been sorting out some details getting prepared for various things. I am planing on installing a GM Performance LS3 E-Rod 6.2 with a TKX 5 speed. It requires a full evap system be used incorporating a purge valve and a factory style vented gas cap. No vent valve on the canister I don't believe though. Does anyone know if the cap that comes with the kit for the tank is vented as such and will comply with what the install directions require? The engine comes with its own canister. It also says you need to have a vapor dome at the top of the tank that equals about 10% of the tank volume for vapor recovery without sucking gas into the canister. Any advice on this would be much appreciated. all this to use a crate engine in Mass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still in process of assembling mine, but it appears the filler is in the trunk which means you do not want a vented gas cap. The kit has a basic one way vent pressure valve that go on top of the tank. I am sure someone here has used something with those requirements and can provide the changes that will work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a GM tech for thirty years and if memory serves me correctly, the cap let's air in but not out because if you released it when the tank was under pressure it would let the pressure out not suck air in. Maybe I'll contact FF and they'll know after all its their tank.