Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Interior Door Panels- How did you install?

Post Thanks / Like

Interior Door Panels- How did you install?

Hello everyone, I am at the part where I am installing my door panels. I know there are many different ways to do this but I like the clean look with no bolts. I am not sure how you all installed yours. Did you use button head bolts? Velcro or etc..... Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I used stainless screws 10/32 with rivnuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I notice the door panel for the 33 does not fit too well. Its like its not the right size in most areas. You guys have this issue as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used trim screw to hold mine in. I also installed speakers in my panels so with the aluminum door panel, vinyl & speaker mounted, the panel was too heavy for velcro and I was not sure how the hidden snap clips would work in the fiberglass.

Regarding door panel fit, yes, you will need to reshape it some to fit properly. The door shell itself is not flat (it's deceiving an looks like it is but look down the surface), so you need to make sure the panel follows the angles / contours of the door panel. Kind of a pain to reshape it, but once you do it fits good.

20210519_084230.jpg

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    You qill need to bend the panel to fit the curve of the doord I used a couple of 2x4 on the floor and stood on the panel, a little ata time to get the shape. You are correct that the aluminum doesn't quite lineup with the door shape around the panel. I was able to hide some of it by sliding the panel up and forward, then added carpet on the bottom half of the door which concealed the gaps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a gen 1 that had aluminum panels that did not fit well. I remade panels out of the waterproof door panel material sold at upholstery shops. I used the original panels as templates and adjusted areas on the new panels that was not sized correctly. I sewed up new roll & pleat skins that had a little more definition and attached them with clips used for marine applications called beau-clip. They fit blind and work quite well.20170918_163752_resized.jpg