Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Marin County Meet Up

Post Thanks / Like

Marin County Meet Up

Now that my build is on the road I’m looking to meet up with other FFR builders. Anyone in Marin county interested in meeting up?
    MK IV Roadster, 427 Fuel Injected HO Stage 2 by BP, Tremec TKO 600, 2015 IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 25th Anniversary Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mvtv, we are planning a FF meet up on Saturday August 13th. Thinking about doing the Canepa tour in Scotts Valley but no firm plans yet. A couple of coupes will be doing the NorCal Shelby club mini nats at Sonoma, both doing the open track in red group. The mini nats are August 7th. Hopefully I have the dates correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those all sound good. I’ll start with the August 13th meet up. Where will that be? By any chance, is there some group page or messenger group?
    MK IV Roadster, 427 Fuel Injected HO Stage 2 by BP, Tremec TKO 600, 2015 IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 25th Anniversary Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    There already is a Bay Area FFR meetup in the works for Aug 13 at Alice's.

The Danville convoy will include an 818, GTM, Cobra and a in progress Cobra builder.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...a-get-together

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! If it’s early I’ll for be there. Driving back through SF and Marin at noon is a bit rough. Looking forward to meeting FFR builders.
    Last edited by MVTV; 07-28-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am booked solid in Aug and will have to miss this event. I tend to schedule my longer drives in the fall and "winter" time because of the better weather. I have also been attending the Breakfast Club Rallies(https://www.breakfastclubrally.com/) in the Sonoma area in my 33 hot rod since last year. Great drives, amazing cars and wonderful people. Once I get the Cobra coolant issue resolved, I will be back in the Cobra.

I have also been going to different Cars and Coffee events around the area. The local San Jose ones are nice, but I am finding that driving is just as fun as the shows. I like to put 200-500 miles on the car over a weekend. I really like the Penngrove Cars and Coffee. Sure it was a bit of a drive, but for me the coffee is just as important as the cars.
    https://norcalcarculture.com/events/...rs-and-coffee/

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a pretty good Coffee and Cars in Danville on Friday mornings, usually from about 8:30 to 11:00ish. Google directions to Cold Stone Creamery.

FFR Bay Area meetup Aug 13 at Alice's in Woodside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what time is the FFR Bay Area meetup at Alice’s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MVTV View Post
    Do you know what time is the FFR Bay Area meetup at Alice’s?
    Alice's opens at 8 AM, so 8 or 8:30? Early is best.

And HMBDaytona (Greg) and I will be at Sonoma Raceway this Saturday, the 7th, for the Shelby Mini-Nats- we'll be driving HPDE.

Dave
    Gen III Coupe #17
    14,250 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    If others are showing up at 8-8:30 I’ll for sure be there. Anything later with traffic, distance and kids just isn’t doable.

Shelby Mini-Nats looks awesome. Wish I knew about that earlier! Next year

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on arriving around 8:30 but will be hanging around for a couple of hours for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tabor View Post
    Alice's opens at 8 AM, so 8 or 8:30? Early is best.

And HMBDaytona (Greg) and I will be at Sonoma Raceway this Saturday, the 7th, for the Shelby Mini-Nats- we'll be driving HPDE.

Dave
    Gen III Coupe #17
    14,250 miles
    I guy at my Danville Coffee and Cars this morning will be at Mini-Nats tomorrow too. I told him to look out for the Daytona's.

Alice's 8- 8:30. Looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell him to come by and say hello. The two type 65's will be tied at the hip.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like this Saturday is a go at Alice's Restaurant in Woodside. Hopefully Brandon can get
    this on the Facebook site as it seems more people are watching it. The two Coupes will arrive between 8 and 8:30.
    We will be there for a few hours and might go for a drive after. Looking forward to seeing everyone.