Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: "Its a Hot Wheel"

Post Thanks / Like

"Its a Hot Wheel"

Cool story (at least I think so)

I was cruising round town yesterday just enjoying the 33 and the weather, and I noticed a black pickup truck at a cross intersection turn on the road I was on and all of a sudden he sped up and caught up to me. He followed me about a 1/2 mile, then he changed lanes so he was on my right and he would get next to me then gradually back up about 20 yards or so, then speed up to get besides me then slow up again.

Finally we came to a stop light and he pulled up next to me and said my three year old in the back seat spotted you at the very first intersection and ever since then he's been excitedly yelling "Its a Hot Wheel Dad, it's a Hot Wheel" non-stop so I had to catch you and show him your hot wheel.

I asked him if he'd like me to pull into the gas station a little ways up so his son could see the Hot Wheel up close and the dad said that would be awesome, so we did. The little guy was jumping up and down when he got out of the truck and running circles around the 33, I think he was excited . I asked his dad if the little guy could sit in the drivers seat and his dad said absolutely so we put the little guy in the 33. I think we made his day he never stopped smiling after that.

So cool. We talked for a bit longer and then we each went on our way. Fun day.

20210725_104354.jpg

Jim
    Last edited by 33fromSD; 08-22-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

2. Likes narly1, Geoff H, Jeff33Ford, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great story. There is something special about ho excited little kids get over these hot rods. I have a little girl in a princess outfit jumping up and down while pointing at my car. Her mother came running over apologizing. We talked and I let the girl sit in my car also. I was down to my last matchbox hot rod still in the packing. I gave it to her and it made her day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brastic View Post
    Great story. There is something special about ho excited little kids get over these hot rods. I have a little girl in a princess outfit jumping up and down while pointing at my car. Her mother came running over apologizing. We talked and I let the girl sit in my car also. I was down to my last matchbox hot rod still in the packing. I gave it to her and it made her day.
    Yup, my wife said there is nothing better than a kids reaction to any cool car. it's totally unfiltered (good or sometimes bad) but it's the most honest reaction through the eyes of a child that you'll ever get.

My kids are all grown up now so my youngest (16 year old daughter) could care less about the looks of the car, she is still mad that I painted it "green", and the only thing my adult boys care about is when I'm going to let them drive it.

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

5. Likes RoadRacer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 3 year old grandson who reacts the same way. He is completely engrossed with cars and whenever he shows up he has to sit in my "green machine" (33HR) followed by a trip into my under construction 818, then my 911. Then he wants to start the journey all over again. His interest in cars is amazing and I hope as he grows older it stays with him.

7. Likes 33fromSD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great story, they do attract a fair bit of attention from the general public and kids in particular!

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice of you and I might have the same reaction upon seeing your ride, great looking Hot Rod!
    MK2 Roadster - 347 - Boss 302 Crate 4x2 Weber 44 IDFs

10. Thanks 33fromSD thanked for this post