FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 325/30r19 Any chance in hell?

Post Thanks / Like

325/30r19 Any chance in hell?

Hey guys, I’m running carbon fiber bike fenders on my gen 2 and I’d like to put 255/35r18’s on the front (don’t expect to have any problems) and 325/30r19’s on the rear. I know that’s a little wide but the CF fenders are already final trimmed and they don’t seem to wrap around the sidewall as much as the glass ones do. Do you think I can get 12.8 inches of rubber under them? I haven’t bought the wheels yet so I can play with the backspacing as needed. I’m gonna pick one up this week to test fit it but I was hoping for some feedback from someone with more experience then me. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 305/35-20 in the rear, and they completely fill (1/2" clearance each side) the wheel well under the fiberglass fenders. I don't know if the carbon fiber fenders are different dimensionally. Also, I suggest you check the back space to be sure you have enough clearance between the body and tire.
    Keith HR #894

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you might be able to squeeze them in
    I have 315/30R18 on an 11" wheel, 6.5" backspace using the older FFR fiberglass fenders.
    I actually ended up putting in a 1/2" spacer to move them out a bit so theyweren't so "sunken" - strictly a move for looks not because they were rubbing.
    Yours will be only 0.4" wider but 1.3" taller - I'd start with trying them with a 6.5" backspace and see how it looks.

The fronts will be no problem.

Cheers
    Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses. I did buy the “Wheel Fitment Tool” from Speedway Motors so I can be a little more confident in my backspacing decisions before spending the money on wheels. After I buy the tires I’ll mock them up and hopefully they fit and then I’ll know the exact backspacing needed front and rear. After posting this originally I’ve given more thought to the fronts as well. What do y’all think about...
    325/30R19 rears
    275/35R18 fronts

Post Thanks / Like
    Some pics. Some day I’ll learn how to rotate them in here. Sorry.