I've got the car put together and driving it but havent painted it yet, that's next. its a 33 roadster with conv top and coyote engine.
Now that I'm driving it I am working out any issues I have found before paint.
I have a question regarding the front alum striker cover next to the foot well and the side alum covers next to the fuel tank and body.
I didnt install the front covers because i have A/C and on the passenger side just too much going on there
I didnt install the fuel tank side covers because i needed access to the door hinges when the body was on
Now that I am driving the car sometimes it seems like im smelling some exhaust fumes? not sure how that is possible since i have the rear exhaust which sticks out past the rear body
i want to seal up the cockpit but im not sure how well those covers would work anyway with the rubber weather stripping, seems like there would be large gaps anyway.
im assuming the purpose of those alum covers is to provide a seal between the alum cockpit and fiberglass body?
I wanted to ask if you all installed them and/or what else you did to help seal up those areas between the body and the cockpit.
has anyone tried to use some expanding foam or other type of insulation?