Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Customizing hood sides

Post Thanks / Like

Customizing hood sides

Wondering if anybody has ever done something like this to their hood sides and if so what all was involved with the process:

6287105198fac000629a7c6d84911b3c.jpg

d2ad8fee850817ec55d4a47bc0b67629.jpg

I'm thinking that it would be a matter of cutting along the front, top and bottom lines and then adding wedge shaped pieces to get the sloped effect. The front could eithe be filled or left open for venting....

Earl
    1st Speedstar in Canada 31 March 2023.
    Built by me 302 engine, AOD trans, 3.55 IRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly how I did it to my MINI Cooper. Added in some mesh for looks/venting. Not really venting anything there though. Also added in a couple of wedge pieces to the face of it all since it was a taller area then your pics. Had to tell what I did in these pics with it being black.
    038.JPG037.JPG
    Last edited by N2mini1; 11-18-2022 at 11:25 AM.

3. Thanks narly1 thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff33Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by narly1 View Post
    Wondering if anybody has ever done something like this to their hood sides and if so what all was involved with the process:

6287105198fac000629a7c6d84911b3c.jpg

d2ad8fee850817ec55d4a47bc0b67629.jpg

I'm thinking that it would be a matter of cutting along the front, top and bottom lines and then adding wedge shaped pieces to get the sloped effect. The front could eithe be filled or left open for venting....

Earl
    There have been quite a few of us that have added vents for heat management or looks or both starting back with the 33's in the 300ish chassis numbers.
    Old pics on here and IIRC some of Vmans artwork also show different hood vents.
    Various small to medium factory vents from oem's have been used and several did custom glass work on their sides. On mine I bonded a sheet of 3/4"
    foam to the inside first so the 3 progressive length slots have some depth when you see through them and the inner skin over the foam will add back
    strength and hopefully prevent cracks at the corners of the slots later.

Even with the 3/4" foam I had to scarf pockets in it for the AC comp. and the Alt. because the 7L Hemi is a very tight squeeze in the 33
    HTH
    Dale
    33HR #431
    7L sixpack Hemi

5. Thanks narly1 thanked for this post