Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818C power window- someone put window guides in from some vehicle. Which one

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

818C power window- someone put window guides in from some vehicle. Which one

Somebody scavenged some window guides that made the glass move well but I don't remember who it was. I thought I saved it my email but now can not find it. Could I get pointed in the right direction? S10 I believe
    Last edited by Wayne Presley; 12-15-2022 at 11:39 AM.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Likely Art Quillian or Lance Corsi.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was Lance Corsi and it was S-10 window channels. This is post #350 in Camera's 818C build thread:

"lance corsi - Mac, the right side of the coupe top is not symmetrical to the left side, making the windows a real challenge. I suggest you throw away the shower door rollers and go to your local junkyard and get some window channels from a 2002 Chevy S-10 pickup truck. You’ll have to do a little welding but having the window held within channels is the best approach."

4. Thanks Shawn818c thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wayne

It was Mr Corsi.

I made a post about his great idea here: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post447240

Cheers

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pictures of Lance's car window mechanism.
    win4.jpg win3.jpg win2.jpg win.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne, it was me. I have a few suggestions for anyone approaching this task. 1) paint your door frame before assembly. There are so many adjustments to make the window fit correctly, the last thing you’ll want to do is disassemble everything for paint. 2) I added some bronze guide blocks to help with removing some of the slop in the window regulator. 3) I ended up only using the front window guide, needed a roller in the rear near the door latch to help guide the window. I had about 6 weeks of toil on each door to get things working satisfactorily, so don’t feel too bad about how long it takes you. Hth.