BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Inventory Part ID's...

Post Thanks / Like

Inventory Part ID's...

Ok, kit arrived yesterday and starting inventory today...already feel like an idiot. I promise to search and google before I ask for ID's, then will post pics (as soon as I learn how) for future lost boys like me.

Here goes...

What the hell are the "plastic end caps" (15218)? I have looked everywhere (I think) an seen no plastic on the delivered frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    they are little square plugs that go on the bottom of the 3/4" square tubes for the gas tank.
    something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Square-Tubing...07QP9LHM3?th=1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Chewy. Great, page 1...missing what they checked off, I hope not an ominous sign.

Watching GTBradley pic tutorial now.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are under the door opening in the 2 inch tubes. Body needs to be off to see them.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    They are under the door opening in the 2 inch tubes. Body needs to be off to see them.
    Mike
    Thanks, Everson, this brings up another question...do you do box inventory first, then mounted components? I can't see half of these things without some dis-assembly (e.g. I just removed trunk hinges so I could see if bushing were there - I have 2 when they list 4). I feel obligated bcs stuff they checked off is not there, like washers, etc.

j

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jose - So glad to hear that your kit arrived! Feel free to call or text me if you want with what you think might be small questions. Sometimes it is easier to text right from the garage/inventory room. I'm no expert, but we've installed at least 60% of our parts at this point so I can help with ID'ing things. I remember the frustration of not knowing what things are supposed to look like. I did not inventory the parts attached to the car, btw. Just the boxes. As I recall it is pretty much just fiberglass body parts, aluminum, and door and trunk hinges (and i didn't pay attention to counting washers - your hardware kit is full of those).
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    Mk4 Roadster complete kit Chassis F5R1010480RD
    Ordered Dec 2021, Delivered Sept 2022, First start Mar 2023
    Completed October 2023
    IRS, Wilwood, 17" wheels, Forte 427W/TKX/EdelbrockEFI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Hi Jose - So glad to hear that your kit arrived! Feel free to call or text me if you want with what you think might be small questions. Sometimes it is easier to text right from the garage/inventory room. I'm no expert, but we've installed at least 60% of our parts at this point so I can help with ID'ing things. I remember the frustration of not knowing what things are supposed to look like. I did not inventory the parts attached to the car, btw. Just the boxes. As I recall it is pretty much just fiberglass body parts, aluminum, and door and trunk hinges (and i didn't pay attention to counting washers - your hardware kit is full of those).
    Thanks for the offer, Alec. You are making progress!

Will head to the boxes tonight and reach out in the coming weeks. Where is the build thread?

j

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scrubs View Post
    Where is the build thread?

j
    HA! I HAD intended on documenting everything with a detailed build thread. But I would rather build, and also do my real job and attend to my actual family. It just seemed to time consuming and also indulgent. Also, I highly doubt I'd have much new to offer that isn't already well-represented here. But a call or text from a friend? Yup.

Where we stand: Body is undercoated and stored. Suspension done all 4 corners, pedal box done, brakes 98% done and operational (just working on the aftermarket p-brake install), steering done (just needs to be aligned and plumbed to the PS pump), engine/ tranny and driveshaft all in, tank in, footbox/bay aluminum mostly done, cockpit aluminum mostly drilled. We've begun the engine cooling system. In the near future is basic alignment and ride height, fuel lines, clutch bleeding, throttle pedal and linkage, battery box and start wiring and dash. Hoping for a March first engine start. Hoping to be in paint and body this fall/winter. Come for a visit anytime! Marco or can provide a room on a friday / saturday night.
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    Mk4 Roadster complete kit Chassis F5R1010480RD
    Ordered Dec 2021, Delivered Sept 2022, First start Mar 2023
    Completed October 2023
    IRS, Wilwood, 17" wheels, Forte 427W/TKX/EdelbrockEFI